Ratchford / Charnley

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
CheshireWarrior

Re: Ratchford / Charnley

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Field or French at FB, so we sign a 34 year old 3rd choice FB? Isn't a centre and isn't needed or a long-term future option at standoff! Absolute madness if we sign him, what would we be paying for?

Charnley was superb at Wigan and is still a good winger! The only issue is (presuming Field remains fully fit in 2023), French and Marshall are fully capable, Charnley isn't going to sit on the bench or reserves, none of these three are fringe players, makes challenging for a starting lineup, difficult!

Regardless, its money better spent elsewhere IMO!
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:55 pm Field or French at FB, so we sign a 34 year old 3rd choice FB? Isn't a centre and isn't needed or a long-term future option at standoff! Absolute madness if we sign him, what would we be paying for?

Charnley was superb at Wigan and is still a good winger! The only issue is (presuming Field remains fully fit in 2023), French and Marshall are fully capable, Charnley isn't going to sit on the bench or reserves, none of these three are fringe players, makes challenging for a starting lineup, difficult!

On the face of it I can't see it but we may be losing Bibby and French so they'd be decent stopgaps.
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

widdenoldboy wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:58 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:55 pm Field or French at FB, so we sign a 34 year old 3rd choice FB? Isn't a centre and isn't needed or a long-term future option at standoff! Absolute madness if we sign him, what would we be paying for?

On the face of it I can't see it but we may be losing Bibby and French so they'd be decent stopgaps.
Or we sign Ricky Leutele as our centre!
Back by demand.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

If French departs, id happily sign Charnley on a two year contract and I think he'd flourish. Would need convincing about Ratchford though. Id rather resign Morgan Escare than sign Ratchford.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Am I the only one that remembers how much Charnley arsed around at the end of his last contract wanting to be Farmer Barleymow and trying to conquer the fashion world, no thanks, mediocre has been, Let him win loads of trophies at Warrington with the rest of his ex Wigan chums :D
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Likes been mentioned that spine of Smith Cust Field Smithies O'Neil is fine but we will need cover and Ratchford could do that and maybe add a little something with his experience. He's not a bad back up goal kicker if Smith was out and at a push could play centre if needed.
Charnley on the right money could be decent, especially a motivated one with a point to prove in the right environment. Both seem pretty trouble free pros and though maybe best days are thought to be behind them offer just as much as Bibby if indeed he's off to Giants.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:05 pm

I'd also go for Leutele - kind of surprised we didn't go for him when Toronto folded.
pedro

Post by pedro »

widdenoldboy wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:53 pm
buttmonkey2 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:05 pm

I'd also go for Leutele - kind of surprised we didn't go for him when Toronto folded.
maybe cost he was on a fortune at Toronto
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I’m not sure that a player of Rats age features in Wigan’s future plans.
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

medlocke wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:13 pm Christ on a bike, Does Lenagan have no ambition ffs, all he ever buys is damaged or project players, when was the last time we bought a genuine superstar player like days of old

I will await all the usual abuse
You won,t get abuse from me ,you are spot on IL has no ambition,recruitment has been our problem.Ratchford has been an excellent player for Wire and Charnley should never have been allowed to leave but no way should either be signed.