Ratchford / Charnley

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Ratchford / Charnley

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:49 am
fozzieskem wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:47 am
Dan2266 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:15 am Charnley isn't being offered a new deal by Wire. 100% confirmed
By laughing boy no less not his type of player to me so was always going g to struggle with him you know it would surprise me if they didn't move Williams on,based on nothing more than his rank form and he simply doesn't look happy there
I think its looking pretty likely he'll be back to Wigan with Bibby to Huddersfield all but done, I can see them giving Williams another year, Id assume Widdop is more than likely the one to leave.
Wigan will sign me before signing charnley. Not a chance in hell. Burnt that bridge long time ago. Maybe he can concentrate on his dream. Farmer first rugby player second. Be careful what you wish for Josh.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dreamteam wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:04 pm
josie andrews wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:42 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:23 pm :P

I wouldn’t expect him to commit to playing out of position for another 2 years and with what’s happened with his mum you’d expect him to go back home where his family is. Unpopular but I wouldn’t be against him going. He’s on big money and we could use it to reinvest in an actual centre and winter
How do you know he’s on big money?
Respective to how much we are spending on the cap he is one of our highest earners I should say. I wouldn’t be against letting him go for a quality winger and centre
Again, it’s just your opinion & what you say! How do you know he is one of our highest earners? Have you seen the players wage bill or his for that matter??
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:18 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:49 am
fozzieskem wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:47 am

By laughing boy no less not his type of player to me so was always going g to struggle with him you know it would surprise me if they didn't move Williams on,based on nothing more than his rank form and he simply doesn't look happy there
I think its looking pretty likely he'll be back to Wigan with Bibby to Huddersfield all but done, I can see them giving Williams another year, Id assume Widdop is more than likely the one to leave.
Wigan will sign me before signing charnley. Not a chance in hell. Burnt that bridge long time ago. Maybe he can concentrate on his dream. Farmer first rugby player second. Be careful what you wish for Josh.
Not for a second saying you're wrong, but there's been conversations about him coming back, Wigan are 100% interested, a lot has changed since he was last here, as far as I'm aware, Wane isn't against him coming back & Peet certainly isn't, there are a lot of rumours about Wakefield now, seen as Johnstone has signed for Catalans, Castleford potentially too with Eden & Olpherts out of contract.

I think Wigan are in with a chance to be honest but wouldn't be shocked to see him elsewhere - that's my opinion only I know nothing more than we were/are interested in him and had made initial enquiries.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Sorry dan not questioning what you're saying. But wane and definitely Peet doesn't want charnley and nearly said as much in a interview. Unless I took wrong angle but I don't think so. I personally would be disappointed if we resigned another past player shows total lack of forward thinking in trying to build a new Wigan era.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:00 am Sorry dan not questioning what you're saying. But wane and definitely Peet doesn't want charnley and nearly said as much in a interview. Unless I took wrong angle but I don't think so. I personally would be disappointed if we resigned another past player shows total lack of forward thinking in trying to build a new Wigan era.
I've just seen the interview and the fact he seems open to Bibby staying just tells me that he is being careful in what he says, I still think there's a chance we get Josh. Bibby is 95% done so I assume until that's confirmed we wouldn't admit to being interested in a player to replace him, the same as Peet still talks like Bibby could stay, he'll say that until its done either way.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:34 am
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:00 am Sorry dan not questioning what you're saying. But wane and definitely Peet doesn't want charnley and nearly said as much in a interview. Unless I took wrong angle but I don't think so. I personally would be disappointed if we resigned another past player shows total lack of forward thinking in trying to build a new Wigan era.
I've just seen the interview and the fact he seems open to Bibby staying just tells me that he is being careful in what he says, I still think there's a chance we get Josh. Bibby is 95% done so I assume until that's confirmed we wouldn't admit to being interested in a player to replace him, the same as Peet still talks like Bibby could stay, he'll say that until its done either way.
I’ve seen the interview too and I’d say Bibby is gone by his words,that said,about Charnley he’s noncommittal it seems to me…I know nowt but it wouldn’t surprise me if Charnley returns.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Leigh, Salford & Wakefield all mentioned as in the running for Farmer Barleymow, Not a peep said about Wigan, I'd link it but I can't find it
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

Peet has all but confimred Charnley is not coming on another thread (interview), not sure if French would get a contract downunder just yet after the injury and looking off pace, that is if he want's a spot at fullback
pedro

Post by pedro »

WarriorWinger wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:32 pm Peet has all but confimred Charnley is not coming on another thread (interview), not sure if French would get a contract downunder just yet after the injury and looking off pace, that is if he want's a spot at fullback
cant see French getting a contract back in Aus, certainly not a good one anyway
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

We have Miski on our overseas quota that cannot get a wing spot. Why should the club waste salary cap on another winger?

Club needs to make sure its spine is right and then look at its centres - who (if rumours are correct) see KPP/Bibby leave and with Zak already gone SERIOUSLY requires looking at - and not signing makeshifts or playing Farrell and or Bateman there
Back by demand.