Ratchford / Charnley

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
medlocke

Re: Ratchford / Charnley

Post by medlocke »

ddtftf wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:21 pm Offer George a contract at half price as he is half the player he was made out to be and who knows he may eventually win some cups
Don't offer George anything
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:12 pm
Firestarter wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:05 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:54 pm Wigan will step up the attempts to sign Ratchford in the next week or so (after the cup final) He didn't rebuff our initial approach to gauge interest in a move.

I personally cant see us signing him, but we will try as we see him as perfect cover for halves/center. Especially seen as we are losing/lost Zak/Bibby/KPP & Potentially French/Leuluai.

I'm led to believe Havard & Halsall will sign improved contracts at the end of the season.

Wigan are also keeping tabs on Mike Coopers situation.
you mean sign him for this season dan?
Ratchford for 2023,

Cooper we are monitoring his contractual situation with Wire with a view to potentially making him an offer for 2023. We have asked to be kept informed on any developments and offers he may receive. As of the end of last week, Wire had not offered him terms

I would be surprised if anyone came into Wigan immediately, But I honestly do not know if anything is being worked on for this season.
Ratchford would be 35 next year wouldn't he? That's a strange signing unless it's a stop gap with the aim to get someone for then year after?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Firestarter wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:05 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:54 pm Wigan will step up the attempts to sign Ratchford in the next week or so (after the cup final) He didn't rebuff our initial approach to gauge interest in a move.

I personally cant see us signing him, but we will try as we see him as perfect cover for halves/center. Especially seen as we are losing/lost Zak/Bibby/KPP & Potentially French/Leuluai.

I'm led to believe Havard & Halsall will sign improved contracts at the end of the season.

Wigan are also keeping tabs on Mike Coopers situation.
you mean sign him for this season dan?
Ratchford for 2023,

Cooper we are monitoring his contractual situation with Wire with a view to potentially making him an offer for 2023. We have asked to be kept informed on any developments and offers he may receive. As of the end of last week, Wire had not offered him terms

I would be surprised if anyone came into Wigan immediately, But I honestly do not know if anything is being worked on for this season.
Ratchford isn’t on the ‘not yet determined’ list or the the ‘contract not offered’ lists which were published last week, so he’s either signed with Wire for 2023 or signed elsewhere. Either Wigan have signed him already or it’s pointless ‘stepping up their efforts’.

Cooper was on that first list, so he’s still up for grabs as things stand.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:55 pm
Firestarter wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:05 pm you mean sign him for this season dan?
Ratchford for 2023,

Ratchford would be 35 next year wouldn't he? That's a strange signing unless it's a stop gap with the aim to get someone for then year after?
He qualifies as non-federation and as things stand they are the only players we can sign. Rats is very fit and his injury record is not bad. Personally I think he has a couple of more years in him. Would I sign him? No, it is a young man’s profession.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

NICKYKISS wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:58 pm
Firestarter wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:05 pm you mean sign him for this season dan?
Ratchford for 2023,

Ratchford isn’t on the ‘not yet determined’ list or the the ‘contract not offered’ lists which were published last week, so he’s either signed with Wire for 2023 or signed elsewhere. Either Wigan have signed him already or it’s pointless ‘stepping up their efforts’.

Cooper was on that first list, so he’s still up for grabs as things stand.
Ratchford has a year extension clause in his deal, not sure if its in the club/players favour, possibly why he wasn't on the list? happened with Eden last year, same situation.
doc

Post by doc »

Rumour on Redvee is Charnley to go on loan to leigh for rest of season.
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

doc wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:05 am Rumour on Redvee is Charnley to go on loan to leigh for rest of season.
How many wingers do leigh need?
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Just had an email saying Ratchford is set to resign with Wire, whilst confirming Wigans interest as well.

This is coming from John Davidson now.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:40 am Just had an email saying Ratchford is set to resign with Wire, whilst confirming Wigans interest as well.

The American actor, singer, and game-show host?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:40 am Just had an email saying Ratchford is set to resign with Wire, whilst confirming Wigans interest as well.

When you write resign with Wire, do you mean he will quit Warrington? Or do you mean he will re-sign and put pen to paper on another deal and stay with them? Not being funny but honestly don't know which one you mean.