Bevan French to Hull?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Bevan French to Hull?

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:41 am He is no way going to Hull!

As he said to me tonight “I not going to Hull, don’t know where this has come from, if I leave Wigan it will be to go back home & to the NRL”
In Josie I trust.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

French has a better chance of winning an NRL contract if he stays at Wigan, suggests Matt Peet

COACH Matty Peet suggested after winger Bevan French’s three-try blitz against Salford that the speed merchant should stay at Wigan because it offers him a better chance of securing an NRL contract.

Red Devils coach Paul Rowley lamented the “double act” of French and fellow Australian Jai Field who dazzled AJ Bell Stadium in the Warriors’ 30-12 win. It was 30-0 with five to go.

French is off contract at the end of the season and linked to a move to Hull FC but Peet gave an insight into his pitch to the 26-year-old when he was interviewed at fulltime.

“I speak very very regularly to Bevan about his future and one thing about our role as a club is we want our players to achieve their ambitions,” Peet told Sky Sports.

“And Bevan’s ambition long-term is in the NRL.

“As long as we can help him develop towards that … not that we’re a holding ground for anybody.

“He’s passionate for Wigan, we’d love to have him but as well we see it as our job to give him the platform to show what he can do.”

French was also asked about his future, saying: “All I wanted to do was get past that Challenge Cup.

“That was my main focus, to win silverware. I spoke to my manager and things like that.

“I just wanted to focus on week by week to get my body right.

“I finally feel like I’m getting back to match fitness and top fitness so I’ve got a week of now … it’s a good time to think about it.”

Peet gave another hint of his likely argument to French to persuade him to stay when he said: “We’re lucky to have them (French and Field) as a competition and as a club.

“But they’re lucky to be here too at Super League, playing in England at our club but most importantly Super League gives them the platform to show what they can do.

“It works both ways.”

https://rugbyleaguehub.com/french-has-a ... eet/?amp=1
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:34 am French has a better chance of winning an NRL contract if he stays at Wigan, suggests Matt Peet

COACH Matty Peet suggested after winger Bevan French’s three-try blitz against Salford that the speed merchant should stay at Wigan because it offers him a better chance of securing an NRL contract.

Red Devils coach Paul Rowley lamented the “double act” of French and fellow Australian Jai Field who dazzled AJ Bell Stadium in the Warriors’ 30-12 win. It was 30-0 with five to go.

French is off contract at the end of the season and linked to a move to Hull FC but Peet gave an insight into his pitch to the 26-year-old when he was interviewed at fulltime.

“I speak very very regularly to Bevan about his future and one thing about our role as a club is we want our players to achieve their ambitions,” Peet told Sky Sports.

“And Bevan’s ambition long-term is in the NRL.

“As long as we can help him develop towards that … not that we’re a holding ground for anybody.

“He’s passionate for Wigan, we’d love to have him but as well we see it as our job to give him the platform to show what he can do.”

French was also asked about his future, saying: “All I wanted to do was get past that Challenge Cup.

“That was my main focus, to win silverware. I spoke to my manager and things like that.

“I just wanted to focus on week by week to get my body right.

“I finally feel like I’m getting back to match fitness and top fitness so I’ve got a week of now … it’s a good time to think about it.”

Peet gave another hint of his likely argument to French to persuade him to stay when he said: “We’re lucky to have them (French and Field) as a competition and as a club.

But they’re lucky to be here too at Super League, playing in England at our club but most importantly Super League gives them the platform to show what they can do.

“It works both ways.”

https://rugbyleaguehub.com/french-has-a ... eet/?amp=1
That was a great response from Peet especially the part in bold.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Josie has the definitive answer from Bevan.
Thanks Josie!