Bevan French to Hull?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Re: Bevan French to Hull?

Post by Dan2266 »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:23 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:35 pm
pedro wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:32 pm

but we need to offer him a new contract for him to sign it
They're in talks, you don't offer a contract until you agree on what the terms in the contract are.
I really hope he stays Dan, just think of our back three of Bevan, Jai & Liam 😊 🔥🔥🔥
Its going to be a busy summer, Like I've always said 2023 was earmarked as big change from the moment Matty was appointed 2022 was meant to be a build up to that, concentrating on getting the environment & culture right for new players to come into. I believe that is why Thornley was signed, already knows the club and knows what is expected of a Wigan Warriors player on and off the field. I think also he was brought in as a stop gap until Halsall takes over that position long term.

I could see Bevan leaving but I personally think he will stay, there is going to be a fair amount of player turn over this off season & new players / current players signed / re-signed before the end of the season. Just as some will leave at the end of the season or sign elsewhere for 2023 before the end of the season.

We've already tied down Cooper and another player I cant mention, albeit not a huge signing its decent.

Powell / Havard / Halsall all close to signing/signed new deals

KPP, Bibby, Isa, Singleton, Partington, Byrne, Shorrocks, Mago, Thornley, Silva all could potentially be at different clubs next year - If any players are to leave they are the most likely.

Tommy is set to go round again as things stand.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Crazy if Byrne is on that list of players they would let go, he's improved massively this year and still young with natural size.
Don't see why they need so many changes the right retention, and release along with bringing through the right youth is obviously a tough ask but I'm not sure we are that far off.
If we released Byrne for Cooper we want our heads testing!
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

lucky 13 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:50 pm Crazy if Byrne is on that list of players they would let go, he's improved massively this year and still young with natural size.
Don't see why they need so many changes the right retention, and release along with bringing through the right youth is obviously a tough ask but I'm not sure we are that far off.
If we released Byrne for Cooper we want our heads testing!
I totally agree, I don't think we are far off, the fact that we were supposed to go big in 2023 may be effected by how well we do this year and how much certain players kick on, would reduce the need for player turnover, but the fact all our youngsters are coming through at the same time is going to be a cap issue. I'm certain of it. We cant keep them all.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

The club needs to knock all this Tommy going round again stupidity on the head and let the younger players have their day before they decide to move on
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

medlocke wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:08 pm The club needs to knock all this Tommy going round again stupidity on the head and let the younger players have their day before they decide to move on
Yep, as influential as he can be and as good as he still can be/has been its time to move on like you say, I just have this feeling that the club are reluctant to call time on Tommy's career, as in just not offer him a new deal.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:37 pm

They're in talks, you don't offer a contract until you agree on what the terms in the contract are.
I really hope he stays Dan, just think of our back three of Bevan, Jai & Liam 😊 🔥🔥🔥
Its going to be a busy summer, Like I've always said 2023 was earmarked as big change from the moment Matty was appointed 2022 was meant to be a build up to that, concentrating on getting the environment & culture right for new players to come into. I believe that is why Thornley was signed, already knows the club and knows what is expected of a Wigan Warriors player on and off the field. I think also he was brought in as a stop gap until Halsall takes over that position long term.

I could see Bevan leaving but I personally think he will stay, there is going to be a fair amount of player turn over this off season & new players / current players signed / re-signed before the end of the season. Just as some will leave at the end of the season or sign elsewhere for 2023 before the end of the season.

We've already tied down Cooper and another player I cant mention, albeit not a huge signing its decent.

KPP, Bibby, Isa, Singleton, Partington, Byrne, Shorrocks, Mago, Thornley, Silva all could potentially be at different clubs next year - If any players are to leave they are the most likely.

Is this all your opinion or from info passed onto you? Or a mix of both?
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Fujiman wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:30 pm

Is this all your opinion or from info passed onto you? Or a mix of both?
Mix of both mate.

2023 being the focus on recruitment - was told this before Peet was announced. Wane heavily involved.

Tommy going again - inside whispers, nothing confirmed, coaching staff feel he will play on.

Cooper & Other signing - 100% confirmed from someone at the club.

The list of potential outs as in most likely to leave if we do need to let players go - inside info & not set in stone, just the players my contact knows will be the ones on the “possible outs” list

Thornley signing reasons is my opinion but its an educated one based off bits I've been told.

French - just my opinion, all I know is we’re in talks with him.

Powell/Havard/Halsall - confirmed by someone at the club that all are close to signing/have already signed.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

There is a big summer ahead of there’s all that movement.
I’d be happy with letting all them go except KPP and Byrne.
It’s replacing the rest of them that could be a problem
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

What position is this “other one” signing dan?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

Absolutely no inside information but I’m willing to bet most of the following happens.

French goes to Hull, they will offer him marquee money we won’t.

Tommy goes round again in a supporting role (good move).

We sign Cooper, Partington goes the other way.

Bibby signs for the Giants (again money).

We sign a quality centre.

We recruit a bit of a project outside back who can offer comp and support for the outside backs along with Halsall.

Miski moves into the starting squad numbers.

Powell/Faz resign Havard does one more year at least KPP does 1 more year at most.