James McDonnell

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Re: James McDonnell

Post by Dan2266 »

was that not a clear enough hint :shock:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:30 pm was that not a clear enough hint :shock:
maybe a position or hair colour might help, is he a ginger?
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

medlocke wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:24 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:30 pm was that not a clear enough hint :shock:
maybe a position or hair colour might help, is he a ginger?
And heres me thinking you were being serious 🤦‍♂️
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

We've had a few great Gingers over the years and I wouldn't say no to a few more
CobraCraig

Post by CobraCraig »

:)
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:55 pm
Jonh wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:14 pm I’ve not any inside info but just before he was picked for England Wardle was strongly linked with Wigan.

He then gets picked for England somewhat out of the blue, so he is highly rated by our set up in Wane.

No inside info at all but the way things work I would suggest he signed for Wigan for 2023 then which instigated his availability on the loan market.

King is a big Giants supporter and Huddersfield lad who is also on a big wage. I think short term the move was attractive to both parties.

I am of the opinion (again no inside knowledge just my take on how things can work) that Wardle is a done deal for ‘23.

2 + 2 could equal 5 but I just have a feeling that’s how things have played out.
Remember I said the player that had signed, his current club may announce it, not Wigan..... 2 + 2 could also not equal 5.
Fingers crossed it equals 4
CobraCraig

Post by CobraCraig »

Jonh wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:14 pm I’ve not any inside info but just before he was picked for England Wardle was strongly linked with Wigan.

He then gets picked for England somewhat out of the blue, so he is highly rated by our set up in Wane.

No inside info at all but the way things work I would suggest he signed for Wigan for 2023 then which instigated his availability on the loan market.

King is a big Giants supporter and Huddersfield lad who is also on a big wage. I think short term the move was attractive to both parties.

I am of the opinion (again no inside knowledge just my take on how things can work) that Wardle is a done deal for ‘23.

2 + 2 could equal 5 but I just have a feeling that’s how things have played out.
I don’t think Wardle being picked for England was out of the blue or anything to do with Wigan being interested or signing him. He’s well thought of and players got spread out between teams and there was a lot of drop outs so not really a full strength side.
Wardle has been on peoples lips for a long time and seen by many as a future NRL player, it’s just injuries and Watson seemingly not fancying him for some reason (Cudjoe and Leutele blocking his path to a regular centre role) that’s stalled his progression. If we signed him imo we would be signing the best non quota available centre (maybe not that much competition).
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

Given he wasn’t getting picked for his club so not playing SL it was very left field for him to get picked.

I’ve rated him highly for a very long time but usually not being picked for club all be it not for playing reasons usually impacts your international aspirations.

It’s him Dan is on about I’m sure and it’s him I believe will be playing at Wigan next year.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Not aiming to be a sausage, but how have you rated him highly for a very long time given he's only 23? And not been playing 1st team for a wry long time?
Ok I'm a sausage.
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Jonh wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:37 pm Given he wasn’t getting picked for his club so not playing SL it was very left field for him to get picked.

I’ve rated him highly for a very long time but usually not being picked for club all be it not for playing reasons usually impacts your international aspirations.

It’s him Dan is on about I’m sure and it’s him I believe will be playing at Wigan next year.
Shame it’s not Herbie Farnworth
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Jonh wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:37 pm Given he wasn’t getting picked for his club so not playing SL it was very left field for him to get picked.

Sorry for not keeping up but are you referring to ben crooks?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE