James McDonnell

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
nathan_rugby

Re: James McDonnell

Post by nathan_rugby »

CobraCraig wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:22 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:04 am
up the junction wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:26 am You can blow your own Trumpet better than Herp Alpert .
Not really, Cant say I wasn't wrong can I? I said he was staying, he isn't.
I said Williams was coming, he didn't.

Whatever I post is accurate at the time of posting, I as do many other people understand things move quickly and can change.

I like to post on here to keep people in the loop with whats going on, even if what I say doesn't end up happening its always reported by the press that it was at least in the pipeline.

I've posted too many things to even mention on here that have gone on to happen with more than just Wigan and I still get people who don't understand how things work questioning me.

If you don't like my posts or think I chat shit then fair enough that's your opinion, but I can guarantee you I don't, As I feel I've proved with the majority of my posts.

As I've also said previously I cant say a lot on certain things so I drop hints to let people put 2 and 2 together, but when I do that I get accused of being ambiguous and leaving myself an out if it doesn't turn out to happen.

Cant Win.
I enjoy your posts as I love a good rumour but I don’t get why you are ambiguous in some posts yet give black and white info on others (normally after someone else has posted somewhere). You said Wigan have signed someone that you didn’t think was announcement worthy the other week, who is that?
He has said numerous times he cannot disclose it or else he / someone may get in trouble as it’s completely under wraps.

From memory it’s a winger / centre / utility type player who isn’t going to blow us away but may do a job. I could be wrong though.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Not that its not announcement worthy, I think the players current club will announce it. That is something I cant say anything else on.

Certain things Im involved in so I cant comment on, others Im not so I can.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:52 pm

Whatever I post is accurate at the time of posting, I as do many other people understand things move quickly and can change.

I like to post on here to keep people in the loop with whats going on, even if what I say doesn't end up happening its always reported by the press that it was at least in the pipeline.

I've posted too many things to even mention on here that have gone on to happen with more than just Wigan and I still get people who don't understand how things work questioning me.

If you don't like my posts or think I chat shit then fair enough that's your opinion, but I can guarantee you I don't, As I feel I've proved with the majority of my posts.

As I've also said previously I cant say a lot on certain things so I drop hints to let people put 2 and 2 together, but when I do that I get accused of being ambiguous and leaving myself an out if it doesn't turn out to happen.

Cant Win.
I enjoy your posts as I love a good rumour but I don’t get why you are ambiguous in some posts yet give black and white info on others (normally after someone else has posted somewhere). You said Wigan have signed someone that you didn’t think was announcement worthy the other week, who is that?
He has said numerous times he cannot disclose it or else he / someone may get in trouble as it’s completely under wraps.

From memory it’s a winger / centre / utility type player who isn’t going to blow us away but may do a job. I could be wrong though.
👍🏻👍🏻
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Im almost certain jonh knows about this player as well.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Cant Win.

ive been thinking about what dan said and how he described the OTHER player we have already signed…… going off the “players out of contract”. Ive narrowed it down to these players

Armatige……. ide be happy with him….. big and skillful centre
Bachelor…..seems a decent SR and would explain why we have let a couple go
Richardson……. Maybe a cheaper option half replacement for tommy but i think he would be ok, especially in field kicking
Whare……. Been there and done it….. still a decent centre
Wardle…… not looking as likely now but ide love him at wigan
Lovadua……. For me its possibly a very good signing…… can play centre( i think) and would cover the halves and loose….. would add another dimension to our attack…..
Hopefully Dan can confirm its one of these, but, i understand if you still cant
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:14 pm

ive been thinking about what dan said and how he described the OTHER player we have already signed…… going off the “players out of contract”. Ive narrowed it down to these players

Richardson……. Maybe a cheaper option half replacement for tommy but i think he would be ok, especially in field kicking
Lovadua……. For me its possibly a very good signing…… can play centre( i think) and would cover the halves and loose….. would add another dimension to our attack…..
Time will tell pal. I haven't specifically said it is someone out of contract though.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:09 pm
Firestarter wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:14 pm

Time will tell pal. I haven't specifically said it is someone out of contract though.
I know mate just putting 1 + 1 together and making 7
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
CobraCraig

Post by CobraCraig »

Cant Win.

Then why can he disclose McDonnell extending, French extending, Bibby leaving and Cooper joining early?
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:31 pm
pedro wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:21 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:48 pm

In that case it’s not a rumour that Wire and Leeds have offered him a massive deal just your view based on their past MO’s?
where is the evidence that wire and leeds have approached him anyway?.....
I don’t know!
Because as the original poster that was the offers on the table at that time. However I did add that Leeds had invited him to look around the Headingley facilities with the intention of following up with a contract offer - which they did!

As for who offered him the most that was Leigh. I can only assume that Leeds came in with a bigger offer or guaranteed shirt, which for him being offered that by a current SL is worth considering
Back by demand.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

CobraCraig wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:24 pm

Then why can he disclose McDonnell extending, French extending, Bibby leaving and Cooper joining early?
Because certain things I'm physically involved with in some capacity so can not comment on them.

Im not on any other message boards either, I joined this as a wigan fan to post about Wigan, but now Im in a position to sometimes comment on multiple clubs, but I still don't feel the need to join another forum as all I want to do really is keep people informed on Wigan as much as I can.