Jake Wardle

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Richymac

Re: Jake Wardle

Post by Richymac »

Wardle swap with Toby King until the end of the season is confirmed I think. Don’t know where this leaves us?
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

It’s confirmed now done deal, swap until end of season

Surely we’ve missed a trick there and could have gotten wardle over line, we must have some cap space after letting Zak go? Any info Dan?
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

shawxshark wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:26 pm It’s confirmed now done deal, swap until end of season

Surely we’ve missed a trick there and could have gotten wardle over line, we must have some cap space after letting Zak go? Any info Dan?
If Bibby going to Hudds next season we should have done the swap thid season Wardle to Wigan Bibby to Hudds
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

ive heard wardle has a 3 yr contract signed with wigan from next yr hence watson letting him go on loan for rest of season
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

shawxshark wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:26 pm It’s confirmed now done deal, swap until end of season

The Wigan/Wardle links are real, not sure if anything has been signed. Jonh may know more than me considering he mentioned he knows people at Huddersfield, Wigan were invited by sam ayoub to make a contract offer to Leutele after he rejected one at Huddersfield, this was brought up during us talking to Ayoub about Gildart.

I would assume that one of Wardle/King/Gildart/Leutele will be at Wigan next season.
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

Dan2266 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:37 pm I would assume that one of Wardle/King/Gildart/Leutele will be at Wigan next season.
Didn't Toby King sign a massive deal at wire last close season following interest from us and the smellies?

Whatever they have paid him, the next 2 years will be subsidized for whomever he plays for AND it will count on the dire's elastic, ever-expanding, super-duper sized, all encompassing, organic, orgasmic, electronic, nucleonic, tectronic salary "cap" (sic)

TBH this looks like Mr Gildart coming back with each and every day. Leutele will go back to the NRL from what I'm hearing
Back by demand.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:59 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:37 pm I would assume that one of Wardle/King/Gildart/Leutele will be at Wigan next season.
Didn't Toby King sign a massive deal at wire last close season following interest from us and the smellies?

Whatever they have paid him, the next 2 years will be subsidized for whomever he plays for AND it will count on the dire's elastic, ever-expanding, super-duper sized, all encompassing, organic, orgasmic, electronic, nucleonic, tectronic salary "cap" (sic)

TBH this looks like Mr Gildart coming back with each and every day. Leutele will go back to the NRL from what I'm hearing
Id tend to agree, Gildart looks the most likely as of now. If Wigan want it, it happens. Its that simple
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

I would take Gildart back as a straight swap for Thornley. A fit Gildart in this team is a different proposition to what we last saw from him.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Gildart is by far the best option we have. People forget that his phenomenal attacking output covers his defensive liabilities over here -- not so much in the NRL.

Still feel like the dream outcome is both Wardle & Gildart with KPP leaving for a fee to facilitate any money issues.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Wouldn’t go near gildart. Arguably the worst player in the nrl currently. Dropped after about 4 games awful in defence lost pace shoulder gone the list is endless as to why he’s not good enough for us. Wardle on the other hand …