Jake Wardle

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Jake Wardle

Post by Wandering Warrior »

medlocke wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:39 am 1. Going for Gildart would be a massive mistake

2. It would also prove me right that Lenners has no ambition for the club

2.1 The club has already part confirmed this with the Powell kerfuffle

3. Proves me right that we are still in the Job's for the boys culture

4. I hope I am proved wrong on counts 2 + 3

:D
Comments duly noted and passed on to them that matter ready for dispatch to the 🐕 bin.👍😀
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/sp ... permanent/

If this is anything to go by then he has not signed for Wigan.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:12 pm https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/sp ... permanent/

If this is anything to go by then he has not signed for Wigan.
Don't think anyone credible has said the deal is signed -- just that interest is there.
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

I’d be highly surprised if we sign him now. Sounds like it’s a nailed on swap deal king for wardle. Think we’ll still loose Bibby as planned and will be running with Thornley and Halsall next year. This link with Lutelli is ridiculous we don’t have both the money to compete with others or the quota spot
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

Just to add to the gildart patter. I've just had a look through Wests social media account. Photos of training sessions/matches and general stuff. Absolutely no sign of gildart in any of them for weeks!
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Brennox7 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:01 pm Just to add to the gildart patter. I've just had a look through Wests social media account. Photos of training sessions/matches and general stuff. Absolutely no sign of gildart in any of them for weeks!
He's been playing FB for Wests Magpies in the NSW Cup as far as I know. https://twitter.com/westsmagpies/status ... gLZxb9HPHA
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

From what I remember when Kings contract was coming to an end Wigan and Saints both showed an interest in signing him but couldn’t come anywhere near Warringtons offer(surprise surprise) if this was correct you’d assume Wardle is on nowhere near as much as King so a straight swap may be out of the question because I wouldn’t think Huddersfield had the money or inclination to match what he’s getting from wire
Charriots Offiah

cherry toffee wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:25 pm From what I remember when Kings contract was coming to an end Wigan and Saints both showed an interest in signing him but couldn’t come anywhere near Warringtons offer(surprise surprise) if this was correct you’d assume Wardle is on nowhere near as much as King so a straight swap may be out of the question because I wouldn’t think Huddersfield had the money or inclination to match what he’s getting from wire
They will if Leutele leaves.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

Maybe but they’d be losing two centres to get King who’s arguably the worst of the three
Charriots Offiah

cherry toffee wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:26 pm Maybe but they’d be losing two centres to get King who’s arguably the worst of the three

True, but Luetele will be on big money. Don’t forget Bibby will be at Huddersfield.