Pinch of Salt.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ian.birchall

Re: Pinch of Salt.

Post by ian.birchall »

Big Steve wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:46 pm I'm not saying we should re-sign him by default.

I think it's easy to criticise for perceived lack of effort because he's going, when as a team we were playing pretty sh*the across the board.

I can see in the NRL he's really struggling with defensive reads, always seems to take the wrong option - possibly trying too hard.

I think it's always hard to go back so I would be very careful if we were to consider it an option here - last resort in my opinion.
His defence was never very good during his time at Wigan, tended to let opposition centres get outside him and glide over, remember Watkins when we were thrashing Salford just before he left.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:41 pm I'm posting this because it was on Facebook
That French signed new 1 year deal
Jake Wardle signed 3 year deal with wigan
Mason Lino signed 3 year deal with wigan
Mike cooper signed 2 year deal with wigan
Thomas Leuluai is retiring
Not sure how we can fit another non-fed trained player but there it is
The Mason Lino one is 100% not true. He has not signed anything with Wigan as of now, he is still contracted to Wakefield.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Good. Signing Lino at the start of the year possibly made sense but not with the season Harry is having.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:37 am
buttmonkey2 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:41 pm I'm posting this because it was on Facebook
That French signed new 1 year deal
Jake Wardle signed 3 year deal with wigan
Mason Lino signed 3 year deal with wigan
Mike cooper signed 2 year deal with wigan
Thomas Leuluai is retiring
The Mason Lino one is 100% not true. He has not signed anything with Wigan as of now, he is still contracted to Wakefield.
I've always thought Lino is a fine player but is he better than Cust and (thankfully) the Harry Smith we all hoped and prayed would come forth I'm not sure tbh
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:23 am

I've always thought Lino is a fine player but is he better than Cust and (thankfully) the Harry Smith we all hoped and prayed would come forth I'm not sure tbh
There's no way we commit to signing a half before Tommy makes his mind up, that is essentially us making his mind up for him...

Now most players staying have signed new deals & French has agreed a deal, albeit not signed, we now know what cap space we have available in the two separate scenarios. A) Tommy Stays. B) Tommy goes..... That's probably as organised as the club can be at this stage in 2022 for 2023, they know where they stand so can put plans in place & wont be panicking, we already have 2 new players signed up, The announcement for the 2nd player will probably come from his current club before Wigan.

I've heard nothing more on the supposed "Big announcement" that was coming, but we are at home this week..... could be something announced at the game, if nothing is announced at the game then id say its safe to assume the rumour was wrong.

either that or Wigan thought French would sign soon after agreeing the deal, rather than holding off.
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:39 am
fozzieskem wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:23 am

There's no way we commit to signing a half before Tommy makes his mind up, that is essentially us making his mind up for him...
I know times (and owners ) change but we HAVE done this before - to Andy Gregory.

Greg needed an op (groin?) but was so scared of needles he refused and wanted to play on feeling time would cure it. Wigan signed Martin Crompton from Wire as a direct replacement believing that could have left the team weaker so Andy Greg recovered elsewhere
Back by demand.
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

As for Lino. It requires one of the overseas to leave as TL is exempt so unless that happened I doubted it myself - never mind the fact he is in contract - but money talks and if offered a transfer who's to say anyone wouldn't move?
Back by demand.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Surely Jake Wardle is the most logical and inspired signing from that list? (bearing in mind how reliable fb is) :lol:
Last edited by CheshireWarrior on Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:33 pm Surely Jake Wardle is the most logical and inspired signing from that list? (bearing how mind reliable fb is) :lol:
Sam Powell :o :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Brennox7 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:52 pm Apparently Tom Opacic has been confirmed signing for a super League club. He plays centre, how many teams are looking out for a centre at the moment?
Hull KR
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan