Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Re: Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Post by Dan2266 »

widdenoldboy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:22 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:14 am
Dan2266 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:33 am

I believe the source 100% as always, but it all comes down to what he has being told and if that is correct. I assume it is I have no reason to doubt it, apart from the fact this has all dragged on and can change in an instant as the NRL offer proved. I am lead to believe the conditions to be sorted out are around some of Bevans family members who may be moving to the UK
Any chance it could be announced before tomorrow's game? Imagine how revved up that would get the atmosphere
I do wonder if "something" will be announced tomorrow as King was announced early in the week, I'd expect that to have been done on a game day?
It wouldn't shock me at all that if this info is correct it is announced live on sky tomorrow
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

CobraCraig wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:31 am
Dan2266 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:47 am Reiterated again to me this morning that Wigan know where Bevan will be playing in 2023 - Wigan. But as of yet nothing is signed as there are a few small details that need sorting out (separate to the agreed contract)

Couple weeks ago I was told they knew where he would be playing but I wasn't told where that would be. Today, they’ve said it will be Wigan.
Really hope this is true
I believe the source 100% as always, but it all comes down to what he has being told and if that is correct. I assume it is I have no reason to doubt it, apart from the fact this has all dragged on and can change in an instant as the NRL offer proved. I am lead to believe the conditions to be sorted out are around some of Bevans family members who may be moving to the UK
If this is true, this is both massive for Wigan & Bevan but also just an overall fantastic outcome for many lives for a bloke running around with a ball wearing Cherry & White.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I watched highlights of Bevan playing for Parramatta when he came to us. I couldn’t believe then why he was let go. And from how he has played for us, I can understand why we all want him to stay.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

I'll keep saying it. He is the most exiting thing that has happened to Wigan in many many years

Offer him so much money he cant refuse it.

It always has, MONEY TALKS and always will!

Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:39 pm I'll keep saying it. He is the most exiting thing that has happened to Wigan in many many years

That’s ok if it is not your money. If money was no option then there are dozens of players in the NRL who we could sign and who are better than Bevan.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:39 pm I'll keep saying it. He is the most exiting thing that has happened to Wigan in many many years

Bevan has proven on multiple occasions that his number one priority is his family. This has never been about money, not once. Just because you may believe "money talks" that doesn't mean it's true for someone living half way across the world to his family that HE looks after.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:47 am Reiterated again to me this morning that Wigan know where Bevan will be playing in 2023 - Wigan. But as of yet nothing is signed as there are a few small details that need sorting out (separate to the agreed contract)

Couple weeks ago I was told they knew where he would be playing but I wasn't told where that would be. Today, they’ve said it will be Wigan.
Really hope this is true
Maybe they want a permanent position rather than a zero hours contract :D
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Fujiman wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:40 pm

Really hope this is true
Good one...ha ha ha

Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Really hope this is true
🤣🤣 Couldn't tell you who or what Wigans involvement is or for, Ive just been told its to do with family members
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:28 pm

🤣🤣 Couldn't tell you who or what Wigans involvement is or for, Ive just been told its to do with family members
Could be visa or job related or both.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."