Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Brennox7

Re: Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Post by Brennox7 »

Fair play good post! I agree with the above to be fair.

French is an unbelievable talent. But I must admit, Jai Field is the one for me, I don't think we would have seen all this quality from french if he didn't have field giving him chances.
Be gutted to see Bevan leave, but I'm more happy we're keeping Field to be fair, the lad is unbelievable every week
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Brennox7 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:08 pm Fair play good post! I agree with the above to be fair.

French is an unbelievable talent. But I must admit, Jai Field is the one for me, I don't think we would have seen all this quality from french if he didn't have field giving him chances.
Be gutted to see Bevan leave, but I'm more happy we're keeping Field to be fair, the lad is unbelievable every week
Ermmm french did fine without field in 2020
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:44 pm
ddtftf wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:04 pm I hope it not true but this is nothing new from the management we are always the last to know have they announced Partington or Bibby going or Tommy retiring or a few others No I suspect they dont want crowds to go down if the say he is leaving . I honestly would be devastated if he went but my info is from a past International player now an established agent for super league top players so has substance .
Not for one minute doubting your source. You are constantly good with your player input. I do not believe tho that any contract as been signed. As for the 3 players you name above. There's nothing signed yet so nothing to report. As for Tommy I think he has only just dicided to retire with last injury and the imminent departure of briers. So don't see them as viable argument.
You are saying Bibby and Partington have not either signed contracts at another club (Huddersfield) or been told they are leaving (Partington / out of contract or termination?).
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:48 pm
Brennox7 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:08 pm Fair play good post! I agree with the above to be fair.

Ermmm french did fine without field in 2020
Yes but there’s a difference as French played fullback in 2020 and wing this year.

Field has provided a lot of assists and opportunities for French this year.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

One thing I do question:

Who on earth would make up a rumour about getting Bevan's brother a work visa if he'd signed for Newcastle?
Kate83

Post by Kate83 »

It’s not a rumour about his brother. That information came from the club at a fans meeting/event last month.

IMO Bevan’s final decision hinges on whether this visa and/or work-permit is granted.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Kate83 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:34 pm It’s not a rumour about his brother. That information came from the club at a fans meeting/event last month.

IMO Bevan’s final decision hinges on whether this visa and/or work-permit is granted.
So why on earth would his brother move to the UK if he's signed a deal weeks/months ago to go home?

That report defies common sense.
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

Has there ever been a thread before that has had over 46, 700 views and over 400 posts? It shows how much it means to fans, but unfortunately we still don’t know if we will have him playing for us in the future or not. You can only hope that if it’s true about his brother coming it means a longer contract will be signed. Personally l can’t see all this work being done by the club for a short term contract. Here’s hoping we get the news we all want soon.
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

French wants to stay, Wigan have known this for weeks. They cant announce anything because If his family member cannot for whatever reasons out of Wigans control come over here permanently, then French will head home.

Hence the clubs public stance of nothing has been done or agreed. Every aspect between Wigan & the player has been done for a long time but until factors outside of the clubs control have been dealt with the club will continue to portray to the media that no decision has been made on French’s future yet.

From my very first post on here French had agreed a deal with Wigan, the NRL offer came in and Frenchs agent then (and rightly so) put that offer to Wigan who have now gone above and beyond to agree a even bigger improved deal to secure his services for 2023 and beyond (common knowledge we’ve offered him a lot more than we did at first) If French does leave its because of external factors. He wants to stay.

Wigan behind closed doors remain confident he will be here next season.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Interesting what Derek says mind. I spoke to two separate people at Wigan yesterday and they were the ones who reaffirmed they are confident he stays, time will tell if thats a bluff or not