Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fozzieskem

Re: Bevan French - STAYING

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:33 pm I wonder why there hasn't been an announcement on French.

It doesnt look good in my humble opinion. Hope my feelings are wrong because I would have thought the loss of the young lad to Warrington would have been balanced out by an announcement on French.
I doubt most wouldn't have heard of young Nicholson,yet at least if French stays he's bigger news,far bigger than a young kid leaving frankly.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Yes I agree I just really want Wigan to get the deal done.
In my opinion this would be the biggest signing for many many years and could be pinnacle to how the club goes forward for the next few years even if he only signs for 12 months.
WE MUST NOT MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY

Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:24 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:28 am I notice that Wayne Bennett’s dolphins don’t yet have a fullback for 2023 and the backs are bit on the lacking side
Been told by someone as reliable as it gets that "he is signing his contract this morning, interviews all done"

I then posted on the evening of the day I was told that.
It's a couple of days since Dan posted that. I don't doubt him at all but the timing of this is what I've wondered about. The club could well announce Bevan re-signing this coming week prior to the Magic weekend and playing Saints.
We all know the lift it will give us all when the official announcement is made. Timing of it could be quite good.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:39 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:24 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:28 am I notice that Wayne Bennett’s dolphins don’t yet have a fullback for 2023 and the backs are bit on the lacking side
Been told by someone as reliable as it gets that "he is signing his contract this morning, interviews all done"

I then posted on the evening of the day I was told that.
It's a couple of days since Dan posted that. I don't doubt him at all but the timing of this is what I've wondered about. The club could well announce Bevan re-signing this coming week prior to the Magic weekend and playing Saints.
We all know the lift it will give us all when the official announcement is made. Timing of it could be quite good.
That would make sense, but we all know what Wigan are like with announcements, I've not heard anything more than what I last posted, which leaves me to assume the contract was signed....

Wigan have made a couple of big announcements on Fridays previously, which would be perfect the day before Magic or they may even announce it at Magic....
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Matt Peet speaks honestly on Bevan French future following incredible Wigan Warriors performance in thrashing of Wakefield Trinity
Peet was also asked about the future of star Bevan French, who enjoyed yet another brilliant display.

“It’s good to have a variety of threats and Bevan is one of them. He’s a player you love to watch.

“I actually think Bevan is the most dangerous when you think there is nothing there for him, so when everyone stops and waits that’s when he gets in.

He’s a special player, he took some towering kicks today and he’s great to work with. Sometimes when the game is nip and tuck and when Wakefield had a bit of joy, sometimes it’s down to those little bits that Bevan provides.

” He’s a special player, he took some towering kicks today and he’s great to work with. Sometimes when the game is nip and tuck and when Wakefield had a bit of joy, sometimes it’s down to those little bits that Bevan provides.

“I wouldn’t say he’s any closer (to signing a new deal) but we are in communication.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/matt-pee ... ity-55481/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:10 pm Matt Peet speaks honestly on Bevan French future following incredible Wigan Warriors performance in thrashing of Wakefield Trinity
Peet was also asked about the future of star Bevan French, who enjoyed yet another brilliant display.

“It’s good to have a variety of threats and Bevan is one of them. He’s a player you love to watch.

“I actually think Bevan is the most dangerous when you think there is nothing there for him, so when everyone stops and waits that’s when he gets in.

He’s a special player, he took some towering kicks today and he’s great to work with. Sometimes when the game is nip and tuck and when Wakefield had a bit of joy, sometimes it’s down to those little bits that Bevan provides.

” He’s a special player, he took some towering kicks today and he’s great to work with. Sometimes when the game is nip and tuck and when Wakefield had a bit of joy, sometimes it’s down to those little bits that Bevan provides.

“I wouldn’t say he’s any closer (to signing a new deal) but we are in communication.”

I'm very confused now.... unless this is Peet keeping it under wraps
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:16 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:10 pm Matt Peet speaks honestly on Bevan French future following incredible Wigan Warriors performance in thrashing of Wakefield Trinity

I'm very confused now.... unless this is Peet keeping it under wraps
I think it sounds like that, Matt is keeping things close to his chest! But hope as you said earlier that it could be prior to the Magic Weekend 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Holmes

Post by Holmes »

It’s not sorted just yet….closer but not over the line.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I was in newquay at the weekend( stag do) and some other wigan fan told me that hull had signed french and bibby was staying at wigan….. i told him i very much doubt it on both counts
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:00 am I was in newquay at the weekend( stag do) and some other wigan fan told me that hull had signed french and bibby was staying at wigan….. i told him i very much doubt it on both counts
I’m backing you.