Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Stanfax

Re: Bevan French - STAYING

Post by Stanfax »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:27 pm
Tricky Dicky1 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:13 pm Its Field
No, sorry, it’s not Field. It’s as someone else said, it was George Burgess, then Bateman 🤨

We have one marquee left, but I wouldn’t give it to Thompson either!
Another sideswipe at Bateman! What's he done to upset you?
ddtftf

Bevin French gone to Newcastle Knights

Post by ddtftf »

Sad to see an amazing player go
Dan2266

Re: Bevin French gone to Newcastle Knights

Post by Dan2266 »

ddtftf wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:13 pm Sad to see an amazing player go
Have you had this confirmed to you? or just seen the reports in Aus?
God2

Post by God2 »

What a rubbish day, first Briers now French.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

I'm told there is no news coming from Wigan

widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:53 pm I'm told there is no news coming from Wigan
Haven't found anything new online yet, just strong rumours that he will sign for the Knights.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:53 pm I'm told there is no news coming from Wigan
Oh I dont think that's right it's just that it seems to be bad news sadly at the moment
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

ddtftf is usually spot on, Depends in what context he is posting, has he been told something, or has he just seen the reports.

I've personally not heard of any changes since I was told Wigan improved their offer, I've still not heard of any concrete NRL offers, but my opinion is there has been an NRL offer in which Wigan have countered by increasing their own offer.

Hopefully the post is based on the reports and not something he has been told from usually very reliable people.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Wigan Warriors' Bevan French is being linked with a move away from Super League.
Wigan Warriors star Bevan French is being heavily linked with an end-of-season switch to NRL side Newcastle Knights as an announcement on his future approaches. The Australian winger, who joined Wigan from Parramatta Eels three years ago, rewrote the Super League history books by scoring seven tries during the 60-0 home demolition of Hull FC on July 15.
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

I just think it’s a matter of time we announce his move to Newcastle. Be interesting to see who we replace him with. As the one thing Lam did do for us was to bring in Field and French. And we have not had signings like that for years. Hope we don’t go back to the project players but does Peet have the connections to bring in these type of players.