Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: Bevan French - STAYING

Post by DaveO »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:10 pm
DaveO wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:53 pm
Firestarter wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:32 am Get bev sorted then lets bring in a big wingers centre…… the mouth waters thinking of how much this would improve us
With Bibby leaving I thnk we need two centres. (We also needed a hooker but ballsed that one up but by the by..)
Ive already said we need two centres davo….. unfortunately thornley is way to injury prone to be first choice
He as surely only a stop gap anyway? With Bibby off the club must recognise it needs two centres not one. The idea KPP is a centre is for me far from proven. He had a few games there where he went well but before his injury he was starting to look a bit like a fish out of water IMO.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:00 pm
DaveO wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:53 pm

With Bibby leaving I thnk we need two centres. (We also needed a hooker but ballsed that one up but by the by..)
Ive already said we need two centres davo….. unfortunately thornley is way to injury prone to be first choice
He as surely only a stop gap anyway? With Bibby off the club must recognise it needs two centres not one. The idea KPP is a centre is for me far from proven. He had a few games there where he went well but before his injury he was starting to look a bit like a fish out of water IMO.
Have to agree in regards to KPP he's very unproven there very much the square peg at times.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:05 pm
Have to agree in regards to KPP he's very unproven there very much the square peg at times.
He doesn’t want to play centre.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

So Kai wants to play back row and Bevan prefers full back.
Likely though that in games to come Kai could well be right centre to Bevan on the wing.
It's a partnership that I'm looking forward to.
Could be really exciting.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Dan2266 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:25 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:06 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:04 pm

He posted it yesterday…
I know….. not doubting him im saying it seems like a very long wait
You know what Wigan are like for announcing things mate. Id assume the International break and French being out the country has had something to do with it to be honest.

Id expect it to be this week.
He was in Wigan on Friday evening as he was with Mago and Miski at Costa (may have been Nandos though :) ), unless he has a doppleganger :)
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

:)
fozzieskem wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:05 pm
I cannot see the need to recruit 2 centres. We definitely need one obviously with Bibby leaving but not 2.

We have Thornley who is going well, we have Halsall who needs to be playing a few games next year and we have KPP, Isa, Bateman all more than capable of filling in, without disrupting the balance of the team too much. It would be great to have a team of works class players in every position however it’s not realistic on a capped sport.
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

Apparently Peet and French are going to "sit down and talk soon" so could be a while until we get an answer if he's staying
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Brennox7 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:30 pm Apparently Peet and French are going to "sit down and talk soon" so could be a while until we get an answer if he's staying
He said they’re constantly talking and will sit down again soon and look to formalise something. It sounded pretty positive to me as though they think they can get him over the line but it could be a case of ‘we need your answer either way’.

Fingers crossed for good news.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Dan2266 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:17 am Been told this morning whilst everything is agreed for Bevan to stay, there may be a hold off in signing the contract to see if any NRL interest materialises.

Not an ideal development.

However, Wigan are still very confident he will sign.
Basically what Peet has said without saying it in his latest interview…
PJC

Post by PJC »

I think that the most concerning thing about these are they going or not stories is that we have waited for a long time for Wigan to be not just a cup winning team but also an exciting one to watch.
We could be in danger of losing the excitement.