Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
buttmonkey2

Re: Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Post by buttmonkey2 »

Well the talk in Oz is that Brodie Croft wants to return and Newcastle are very interested in signing him

He signed a deal with Salford that has a release clause if NRL interest materializes. So Ponga would stay at full back and Croft and Gamble become their halves - might mean their interest is waning

There fans still think they will get KPP for next season though, Even getting a release pre-World Cup so he can enter pre-season training as apparently ours is "so bad"
Back by demand.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:01 pm Well the talk in Oz is that Brodie Croft wants to return and Newcastle are very interested in signing him

He signed a deal with Salford that has a release clause if NRL interest materializes. So Ponga would stay at full back and Croft and Gamble become their halves - might mean their interest is waning

There fans still think they will get KPP for next season though, Even getting a release pre-World Cup so he can enter pre-season training as apparently ours is "so bad"
There is nothing to suggest Wigan will "release" KPP without receiving payment from Newcastle.

And if that's the case, I wouldn't blame the club at all. On paper, KPP is coming off the bench next year.
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

French is staying at Wigan. Not sure on the length of contract or announcement date.
Not going to reveal source because I’ll stop being told information.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:15 pm French is staying at Wigan. Not sure on the length of contract or announcement date.
Fantastic if true, I've not been able to get any info on contract length when I've asked either. only been told its more than 1 year, be interesting to see when the clause is active, at first it was after the first year, but then one of the stumbling blocks was Bevans agent wanted it to be a constant active clause rather than just after the first year.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

If there was an offer from NRL club and Bevan had signed i think it would have been out in the Aussie press if he signed they think nothing of getting one over us .
Whichever way it goes if he goes home thank you for a fantastic time watching you play.
Bevan is out of contract when does the club have to say that Bevan is no longer a Wigan player.
Just a thought season tickets are out soon are they waiting to tell us the good/bad news.
Are Wigan holding back the news if Bevan has signed a new contract are they waiting until season tickets come out.
Or are they waiting for season tickets to have been sold before they tell us the bad news.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

jaws1 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:16 am If there was an offer from NRL club and Bevan had signed i think it would have been out in the Aussie press if he signed they think nothing of getting one over us .
Whichever way it goes if he goes home thank you for a fantastic time watching you play.
Bevan is out of contract when does the club have to say that Bevan is no longer a Wigan player.
Just a thought season tickets are out soon are they waiting to tell us the good/bad news.
Are Wigan holding back the news if Bevan has signed a new contract are they waiting until season tickets come out.
Or are they waiting for season tickets to have been sold before they tell us the bad news.
Honestly no Idea, as far as I and many others have been aware it was only external factors holding the deal up, If he is staying as Bobby says then I can only assume that is all sorted. Id assume they would announce before season tickets go on sale, makes the most sense.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

Auto renewal season tickets already started, money started going out on August 15 th
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:39 am
Bobby-WRL wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:15 pm French is staying at Wigan. Not sure on the length of contract or announcement date.
Fantastic if true, I've not been able to get any info on contract length when I've asked either. only been told its more than 1 year, be interesting to see when the clause is active, at first it was after the first year, but then one of the stumbling blocks was Bevans agent wanted it to be a constant active clause rather than just after the first year.
This is interesting. Because I'm being told it's for 1 year only deal. The good thing tho is we are all being told positive things. Fingers crossed 🤞
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:38 pm
This is interesting. Because I'm being told it's for 1 year only deal. The good thing tho is we are all being told positive things. Fingers crossed 🤞
Originally it was a 2 year deal with a NRL release clause in that was active after the first year, then his agent wanted a constant release clause in the 2 year period, the last one I heard anything about was a multi year deal being offered, Personally I can see it being a 2 year deal with a NRL release (for free) clause active at the end of the 2023 season, but it containing a constant monetary value NRL release clause.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:12 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:38 pm

Originally it was a 2 year deal with a NRL release clause in that was active after the first year, then his agent wanted a constant release clause in the 2 year period, the last one I heard anything about was a multi year deal being offered, Personally I can see it being a 2 year deal with a NRL release (for free) clause active at the end of the 2023 season, but it containing a constant monetary value NRL release clause.
That to me Dan sounds more sense for him.
But I'm told and was adamant when I pushed all the talk is for 1 year only. And thinking about it could have something to do with the type of Visa applied for his brother. Also then still gives him time for one last long gig in nrl. That's pure speculation on my side tho.