Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Re: Bevin French gone to Newcastle Knights

Post by Dan2266 »

ddtftf wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:01 pm Wigan Warriors' Bevan French is being linked with a move away from Super League.
Wigan Warriors star Bevan French is being heavily linked with an end-of-season switch to NRL side Newcastle Knights as an announcement on his future approaches. The Australian winger, who joined Wigan from Parramatta Eels three years ago, rewrote the Super League history books by scoring seven tries during the 60-0 home demolition of Hull FC on July 15.
Thank F for that, still a bit of hope that he stays.... that's nothing new to whats on the other thread on the rumour mill, you had me worried as it sounded like you were stating something and not just talking speculation
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

I just wish that the club would make an announcement about Bevan as it seems the longer this goes on the less chance we have of him staying
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Suzieb wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:19 pm I just wish that the club would make an announcement about Bevan as it seems the longer this goes on the less chance we have of him staying
I genuinely don't think a decision has been made yet, hence no announcement
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

Could get worse if the latest reports about KPP are true.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Have to wonder how saints are able to keep hold of welsby walmsley Knowles lees Roby makinson who’ve all had big nrl interest. It’s like we’re encouraging players to go to test themselves and hoping if it doesn’t go well we’ll have first dibs at getting them back
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:05 pm
ddtftf wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:01 pm Wigan Warriors' Bevan French is being linked with a move away from Super League.
Wigan Warriors star Bevan French is being heavily linked with an end-of-season switch to NRL side Newcastle Knights as an announcement on his future approaches. The Australian winger, who joined Wigan from Parramatta Eels three years ago, rewrote the Super League history books by scoring seven tries during the 60-0 home demolition of Hull FC on July 15.
Thank F for that, still a bit of hope that he stays.... that's nothing new to whats on the other thread on the rumour mill, you had me worried as it sounded like you were stating something and not just talking speculation
I’ve seen that all over the place & every day! Paper news as far as I’m concerned at the moment!

Unless there is something announced from Wigan Warriors, it is still a RUMOUR!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

Just read from a decent source on Twitter that french has a verbal agreement that if no offer comes in over the next few MONTHS from the NRL that he will sign for Wigan. Won't be going to any other SL club.

So basically were second best! I wouldn't be having that as how can we build for next year down the line if we may need or not need to replace a pivotal player whose probably on decent money?
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:23 pm
I’ve seen that all over the place & every day! Paper news as far as I’m concerned at the moment!

It's a recycled article same thing every few days is just brought back to front with nothing new added. So for me no change. Still say he stays.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Could this not be a reporter going new regarding Newcastle and wigan... oh it must be French

Then it was actually the Briers news
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:39 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:23 pm

It's a recycled article same thing every few days is just brought back to front with nothing new added. So for me no change. Still say he stays.
That’s what I’ve seen in different news articles for the past few weeks, regurgitated news in a different format. So until it is announced by WIGAN WARRIORS it stays as a rumour. 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan