Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
medlocke

Re: Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Post by medlocke »

We have a ‘Plan B’ if Bevan French returns home :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:58 pm We have a ‘Plan B’ if Bevan French returns home :D
Link 😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:22 pm
medlocke wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:58 pm We have a ‘Plan B’ if Bevan French returns home :D
Link 😉
Wigan have a ‘Plan B’ if Bevan French returns home to Australia

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/wi ... australia/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:23 pm
Link 😉

I don’t see how this “plan b” can be reliable .

There may be a player or players we go after, but there’s no guarantee we get them; especially considering how late in the season this is. These things are normally sorted by now aren’t they?

He’s could also be referring to promoting Miski and / or plans for Halsall on the wing.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:35 pm

Link 😉

There may be a player or players we go after, but there’s no guarantee we get them; especially considering how late in the season this is. These things are normally sorted by now aren’t they?

He’s could also be referring to promoting Miski and / or plans for Halsall on the wing.
Any "plan B" is just Wigan being a functioning team. It's not like this plan B has only just been identified therefore spawning the interview/quote from Matty. I would hazard a guess that Dan's "Wigan are looking for a winger" report was this contingency plan i.e. Olly Ashall-Bott as a utility back. [viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41901]

For me, this is a nothing update.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Times coming for him to make his mind up surely?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:03 pm Times coming for him to make his mind up surely?
I suspect we will only find out at the end of our season whether that’s after GF or before if we don’t get there. Can’t see anything being said beforehand now.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

wgwr1999 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:58 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:35 pm

Any "plan B" is just Wigan being a functioning team. It's not like this plan B has only just been identified therefore spawning the interview/quote from Matty. I would hazard a guess that Dan's "Wigan are looking for a winger" report was this contingency plan i.e. Olly Ashall-Bott as a utility back. [viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41901]

For me, this is a nothing update.
Id agree, however I wasn't given any names, just that they were looking into the possibility of signing a winger. Not heard anything more on it so hopefully that points towards one no longer being needed.
StanleyJean1

Post by StanleyJean1 »

A new twist? Toohey was adamant he had signed 2/3 weeks ago, now he seems to have made a U turn.

Bevan French is an interesting one, it had been touted that he had agreed to terms going back two or three weeks ago,” Toohey said.

“However, I now suspect that Wigan are trying very hard to keep French in England and has offered him a substantial amount more than the Knights to come home.

He hasn’t signed anything and whether he changes his mind to stay over then that is a possibility.

If you asked me three weeks ago if Bevan French was coming I would have said yes, now I’m not so sure.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/wigan-wa ... ent-58747/
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

StanleyJean1 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:39 am A new twist? Toohey was adamant he had signed 2/3 weeks ago, now he seems to have made a U turn.

Bevan French is an interesting one, it had been touted that he had agreed to terms going back two or three weeks ago,” Toohey said.

“However, I now suspect that Wigan are trying very hard to keep French in England and has offered him a substantial amount more than the Knights to come home.

He hasn’t signed anything and whether he changes his mind to stay over then that is a possibility.

If you asked me three weeks ago if Bevan French was coming I would have said yes, now I’m not so sure.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/wigan-wa ... ent-58747/
Of course, NOW Wigan are trying hard & it's all about the money!

Typical NRL rejection coping mechanism. Happens to everyone who wants to leave too.