KPP

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: KPP

Post by josie andrews »

sheepsteeth wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:28 pm Batty at 13 for a week will be good to see.
Yes, and keep KPP happy in the second row, he may not leave if nothing has been signed. That’s all he wants to do develop his game as a second rower.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

I doubt he plays much second row once Smithies is back & Batty/Faz make up the second row.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:38 am I doubt he plays much second row once Smithies is back & Batty/Faz make up the second row.
Oh yeah, forgot about Smithies! 😟
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

The choice between a brilliant 21 loose forward & a brilliant 21 year old second row.

It's a nice problem to have.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

It's one hell of a good problem to have having so many back rowers who would make near enough any SL starting team

May be controversial but I'd happily see Batty leave if it meant KPP staying long term. He hasn't been half the player he was pre Oz for whatever reason.

A back row of Faz KPP and Smithies is exciting as owt but I don't see Bateman or Smithies being a bench type player. Both play big minutes
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:22 am It's one hell of a good problem to have having so many back rowers who would make near enough any SL starting team

May be controversial but I'd happily see Batty leave if it meant KPP staying long term. He hasn't been half the player he was pre Oz for whatever reason.

A back row of Faz KPP and Smithies is exciting as owt but I don't see Bateman or Smithies being a bench type player. Both play big minutes
How long do you reckon Faz has?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

If we really want to keep KPP the first job is to keep him to his existing contract (if he won't sign another). Secondly, this season and next, allow him enough game time in the backrow to develop his game further. If things are going well next season we offer him a new contract and, if he's happy, he'll sign. There's no benefit to us in letting him go at the end of this season and who knows what the squad situation will be next season. If Batty decides he wants to move again or he or Faz pick up a serious injury or lose form, KPP could be in a much stronger position. If he's already signed to go to the NRL we can't do much about that but he should see out his existing contract. He's got lots of talent, let's give him the time to show that he can displace Batty, Faz or Smithies. I personally think that KPP, Faz and Batty (at 13) with Morgan on the bench would be our best combination now. Hopefully we can try this combination in the next few weeks. The worst decision would be to let him leave early. A few quid, from a transfer fee, in Mr Lenagan's pocket won't help the squad next season.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

southportcdm wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:24 pm If we really want to keep KPP the first job is to keep him to his existing contract (if he won't sign another). Secondly, this season and next, allow him enough game time in the backrow to develop his game further. If things are going well next season we offer him a new contract and, if he's happy, he'll sign. There's no benefit to us in letting him go at the end of this season and who knows what the squad situation will be next season. If Batty decides he wants to move again or he or Faz pick up a serious injury or lose form, KPP could be in a much stronger position. If he's already signed to go to the NRL we can't do much about that but he should see out his existing contract. He's got lots of talent, let's give him the time to show that he can displace Batty, Faz or Smithies. I personally think that KPP, Faz and Batty (at 13) with Morgan on the bench would be our best combination now. Hopefully we can try this combination in the next few weeks. The worst decision would be to let him leave early. A few quid, from a transfer fee, in Mr Lenagan's pocket won't help the squad next season.
I'd imagine any fees go straight back into the club.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I take your point Caboosegg but I didn't mean that Mr Lenagan would actually pocket the cash, more that the club having a bit of extra cash wouldn't make it more likely that we'd sign another player.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Wandering Warrior wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:45 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:22 am It's one hell of a good problem to have having so many back rowers who would make near enough any SL starting team

How long do you reckon Faz has?
He's 32 in a few days. I can see him easily making another couple of years