KPP

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
NICKYKISS

Re: KPP

Post by NICKYKISS »

I saw on social media that apparently some Newcastle based journo was asked about French, KPP and Will Pryce coming for 2023 and his response was ‘they might need to wait until 2024 for Pryce’, with the indication then being that he thinks they can get KPP for 2023. Really disappointing if we’re again going to see an exodus of players, just as we’re building something really positive. With French there’s nothing we can do but KPP is under contract for next season.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

southportcdm wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:15 pm Definitely get him to see out his present contract, perhaps we'll then be able to get him to sign another one. As long as he's 'our player' anything can happen even changing his mind about going to Oz so soon. Any transfer fee that Newcastle may pay is not worth the loss of such a promising talent. You never know what the squad situation may be this time next year what with injuries etc. The rumour is that he strongly prefers backrow to centre and, if he continue to develop, he may be able to force his way into being first choice by the end of next season. In his interview on sky he wouldn't commit to saying that he strongly preferred playing backrow to centre but perhaps he was just being careful to say the right thing on t.v. I know this shouldn't be the most important thing but he's also a really nice bloke.
2 points

For me right now he's easily got to be starting as many games in the back row as possible.

Secondly, he's always come across as a decent guy in interviews. Seems very grounded and pretty chill. I'm sure others who have met him for a slightly longer period than I have ie a handshake after a game - know more about his character.

He offers a lot more than most back rowers we've had for a while and now he's starting to actually punch his weight. One of my main gripes with him was he seemed a little soft in contact, but that seems to be coming with age. He has such a high ceiling and I just hope we get to see a couple more seasons of him
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

Heard this morning this is a done deal.

Daily telegraph sport Twitter page.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:28 pm Josie is right, he loves Wigan. However he does want to move to the NRL at the end of this season. His agent has told Wigan he would like to move but he wont force it and he will be respectful. He will wait until 2024 if Wigan cant agree a deal to let him go in 2023.
Looking like this is close to happening (according to reports not something I've been told) Hopefully we've got some decent compensation (I'm not aware of any clauses allowing him to leave for free)
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Brennox7 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:31 am Heard this morning this is a done deal.

Daily telegraph sport Twitter page.
Where is the link? I’m not going looking in the Telegraph sports page!

Until the club say something it’s a rumour.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
PJC

Post by PJC »

Josie
I could be wrong but I think it’s Daily T. in Australia. Google Daily Telegraph KPP.
You get a short headline, then you have to subscribe
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Sorry don't believe anything papers say. If they said good morning I would go and look outside first to see if it was true.
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

I'm not crying for you to believe me mate. Just saying apparently it's a done deal according to the telegraph sport in aus. Rumour mill mate, rumour mill 👍
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Brennox7 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:34 pm I'm not crying for you to believe me mate. Just saying apparently it's a done deal according to the telegraph sport in aus. Rumour mill mate, rumour mill 👍
They're usually pretty bang on when they say DONE DEAL as well, I've asked the question see what response I get. But I know for a fact he wanted to go at the end of this year but wouldn't cause a fuss if we didn't let him go, My speculation is we know he is leaving hence we could afford to up the offer to French....
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

Yeah I agree mate! Good player KPP but if he's going to leave, I'd rather it be before he turns into a world beater with Wigan. Doubt he would get homesick over there an all based on his move up north too! Good luck to the lad, I reckon he will go well