Matty Nicholson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Caboosegg

Re: Matty Nicholson

Post by Caboosegg »

Blood and sand the guy has a good debut for wire and we turn on our players.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Barney841 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:38 pm
Gazlawrenson wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:48 pm Correct....you must be watchin different games :lol: :lol:
Yep. Because one thing I do know intelligent players play the 13 role and you think smithies is that one?!?
Can you define intelligent please in this context?

Just because Lockers was a ball playing 13 does not mean every single player to follow has to be. Not many forwards in the league have this ability so it isn’t fair to point the finger at smithies for it.

It goes down to tactics and what you want from a 13.
- ball playing forward
- hard working second rower
- extra prop

Smithies is a tackling machine, he’s cut down on the penalties and started making a lot more yards this season.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:42 am
Barney841 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:38 pm
Gazlawrenson wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:48 pm Correct....you must be watchin different games :lol: :lol:
Yep. Because one thing I do know intelligent players play the 13 role and you think smithies is that one?!?
Can you define intelligent please in this context?

Just because Lockers was a ball playing 13 does not mean every single player to follow has to be. Not many forwards in the league have this ability so it isn’t fair to point the finger at smithies for it.

It goes down to tactics and what you want from a 13.
- ball playing forward
- hard working second rower
- extra prop

Smithies is a tackling machine, he’s cut down on the penalties and started making a lot more yards this season.
Well when you look at our last 2 loose forwards have been lockers and Farrell who were intelligent players, I guess you could say I thought Wigan would carry on with that trend with the kind of player they’d have a loose as that’s what they’ve done for so long
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Locking this thread.

1) Nicholson doesn’t play for us anymore so the rumour has been proved correct.

2) Thread has totally gone off the original topic!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan