Matty Nicholson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Matty Nicholson

Post by Wandering Warrior »

widdenoldboy wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:52 pm
Wandering Warrior wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:49 am
widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:12 pm

Good points but it often comes down to game time, Matty must look at the team and see Bateman, Faz, KPP, Isa, Smithies as backrow competition with McDonnel and Nsemba (and others) waiting in the wings. Even with more cash some will leave for 1st team rugby.
There's two you've named there before Nicholson who won't be here come the end of next season!
That's the future!!
Thats not certain though, so Matty has made his own mind up.
KPP will be gone and likely Isa so is it a big wodge?
I'd say so.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Will probably end up like Sami Kibula!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Exactly Josie. If he was this unmissable prospect like Sam Burgess, he'd be in the team every week & would have dominated the championship.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

MP new interview on it is fascinating. Wire have paid us a decent fee for an 18 year old who thinks he’ll get more playing time sooner at wire!! Good luck to the lad
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:46 pm Will probably end up like Sami Kibula!
Quite,the grass isn’t always greener that’s for sure.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Dreamteam wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:36 pm MP new interview on it is fascinating. Wire have paid us a decent fee for an 18 year old who thinks he’ll get more playing time sooner at wire!! Good luck to the lad
Who knows what will happen at Wire next season, as you say, Good Luck to the lad :)
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

Not going to lie I'm made up with how Matty Peet responded. Makes me proud stuff like that! He's fuming with Warrington and Matty Nicholson and after reading what went on, good on him 💪
doc

Post by doc »

Dreamteam wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:36 pm MP new interview on it is fascinating. Wire have paid us a decent fee for an 18 year old who thinks he’ll get more playing time sooner at wire!! Good luck to the lad
Have you got a link?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Bloody love this interview

Wigan Warriors: Matty Peet reacts to Matty Nicholson's move to Warrington Wolves

Matty Peet says it is disappointing to see Matty Nicholson leave Wigan Warriors.

The young forward has joined Warrington Wolves on a three-year deal with immediate effect.

Peet believes Nicholson’s departure highlights Wigan’s strong track record of developing young players.

He said: “I’m really disappointed, he’s a good player with massive potential. He’s a good lad and a good person.

“I’m left scratching my head somewhat at his decision. If there is anything I think we can do here, and we’ve proven we do, is giving young players a chance and developing their talent.

"He didn’t see it playing out that way and thinks it’s a simpler path playing there at Warrington.

When it came to talking about his contract, he did mention it. I reminded him that he is 18 and his goal at the start of pre-season was to make his debut, which he has done.

“There is a pathway here for him to play many more games going forward for this club over the next few years. Us, St Helens and Leeds stand alone in giving players a chance, and that was always the intention.

"It’s his decision so I don’t want to say too much, but we have done a hell of a lot to convince him stay. I would’ve liked to see him stick with us for a few more years yet.

"It’s another tick for our academy for producing players, but on the flip side it would be demoralising to work in Warrington’s academy. I read about the strength of it but then they continually pay for our players.

“Ellis Longstaff they paid for, Sam Storey they paid for, Dean Beddall they paid for and now Matty Nicholson. Although we would like to keep Matty, he would’ve developed into a first team player here, he should develop into a first team player there. I think it proves that our academy is superior to theirs.”

"We will now give the opportunity to someone else if it should arise. He’s been developed to a certain level that Warrington are willing to pay for him and ultimately we would rather invest our time in players who want to be here.”

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fw ... es-3750493
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

doc wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:21 pm
Have you got a link?
https://t.co/PwifA9uQTG.