Matty Nicholson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
medlocke

Re: Matty Nicholson

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:43 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:32 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:26 pm Bad news, Nicholson is a cracking prospect.
I’ll probably say our best prospect coming through around that age. Definitely top 2. Assuming he’s going for playing time
I’m fecking fed up of this all our best prospects being signed up with other clubs or NRL!😠
It is a shame
Last edited by medlocke on Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Downfall of having a salary cap sport, you can’t keep everyone!
Also you can’t compete with a team like Warrington, who seem to have an accountant that can produce miracle’s
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

It's always disappointing when this happens but what can we do? We can only hope that the management and coaches make the best decisions for the success of the club. I wouldn't mind so much if some of these lads went to the 'less successful' teams (I know this includes wire at present) and then we could say that the salary cap was evening things out.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:26 pm Bad news, Nicholson is a cracking prospect.
I’ll probably say our best prospect coming through around that age. Definitely top 2. Assuming he’s going for playing time
I’m fecking fed up of this all our best prospects being signed up with other clubs or NRL!😠
It is up to the club to make sure they have our best prospects tied down.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:06 pm

It is up to the club to make sure they have our best prospects tied down.
Good points but it often comes down to game time, Matty must look at the team and see Bateman, Faz, KPP, Isa, Smithies as backrow competition with McDonnel and Nsemba (and others) waiting in the wings. Even with more cash some will leave for 1st team rugby.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan can't keep them all sadly.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Get on the phone to him Josie :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:08 pm Get on the phone to him Josie :D
I’m going to have words with KPP this weekend 😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Unless he's been promised a first team spot, I don't understand how anyone can see Warrington as a good place to progress at. There seems to be zero long term planning & the short term looks mediocre at best.

I feel like the club handled him well considering he's an 18 year old -- regular championship rugby with a full SL debut -- so I don't really put this one on them.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I thought he held his own against Huddersfield, he's clearly highly regarded, furthermore, Isa is pushing 34 and KPP is supposedly off down under?