Matty Nicholson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fozzieskem

Re: Matty Nicholson

Post by fozzieskem »

wgwr1999 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:17 pm If you read the press releases, the move becomes even odder. Wigan clearly disappointed in the player but Warrington aren't even planning on playing him this year stating that he'll come to first grade in 2023.
I think reading the press release Wigan and Peet are at best disappointed by him or else just plain angry and decided to cut the loses now with him a move I think is the correct one.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

“ I feel like I can play my best rugby under Daryl and kick on with my development here at Warrington.” Interests me considering they have an average at best academy and a coach who’s sending them to their lowest finish in god knows how many years
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

That statement’s on a par with Williams’s going for the challenge translated to sport speak it means more money
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Imagine rugby league in this country without wigan lads…… i bet a decent percentage of a lot of teams are wigan lads…… pity but we cant leep them all
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

cherry toffee wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:55 pm That statement’s on a par with Williams’s going for the challenge translated to sport speak it means more money
It’s a shame that even such a young age there following the money instead of concentrating on their ability and try to get to their full potential
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

How on earth they are not being investigated for salary cap breaches is beyond me. There has to be a Saracens type loop hole going on here.

there is no way they have all these players legitimately under the cap and within the regulations.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Dreamteam wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:34 pm “ I feel like I can play my best rugby under Daryl and kick on with my development here at Warrington.” Interests me considering they have an average at best academy and a coach who’s sending them to their lowest finish in god knows how many years
Wire beat us at academy level at Robin Park a couple of weeks back. They have some very good players in both their academy and scholarship teams. I think they had seven in the Lancs v Yorks academy game over the weekend.
lcharnock2

Post by lcharnock2 »

It’s always disappointing to lose a good prospect, and boy he is one! However, it’s evident the club are building something bigger than an 18 year old prospect wanting a highly improved contract and increased game time.

We are absolutely stacked at 2nd row and loose forward, and the top 3 guys in that bracket (Farrell, Bateman and Smithies) hopefully won’t be leaving any time soon. James McDonnell has to be retained now, and he is doing just fine in the first choice 17 at the best team in the championship. Good luck to the lad at Wire.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Wandering Warrior wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:49 am
widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:12 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:06 pm

It is up to the club to make sure they have our best prospects tied down.
Good points but it often comes down to game time, Matty must look at the team and see Bateman, Faz, KPP, Isa, Smithies as backrow competition with McDonnel and Nsemba (and others) waiting in the wings. Even with more cash some will leave for 1st team rugby.
There's two you've named there before Nicholson who won't be here come the end of next season!
That's the future!!
Thats not certain though, so Matty has made his own mind up.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

No straw damn us wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:33 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:34 pm “ I feel like I can play my best rugby under Daryl and kick on with my development here at Warrington.” Interests me considering they have an average at best academy and a coach who’s sending them to their lowest finish in god knows how many years
Wire beat us at academy level at Robin Park a couple of weeks back. They have some very good players in both their academy and scholarship teams. I think they had seven in the Lancs v Yorks academy game over the weekend.
Yeh, was about to post that - I'm not sure if that was a one off but their Academy has some decent talent, is well coached and really beat us on the day with good game management.