Salford want Partington.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Salford want Partington.

Post by Dan2266 »

Salford want Partington at the end of this year.

Not heard how likely it is, other than Wigan were open to letting him go at the end of the season.

Open to letting him go was a couple of months ago so the stance may have changed.
wgwr1999

Re: Salford want Partington.

Post by wgwr1999 »

Partington out [loan or perm] with Cooper coming in has seemed likely this entire time.

Since Byrne has broken through this season, he seems to be the odd one out of the young pack.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

We should swap him for Dan Sarginson
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:17 pm We should swap him for Dan Sarginson
Are you joking?

You want a player who is almost 30 & injury prone in a swap for a player who is almost 24 & has still not reached his full potential as a prop?

Seems a strange suggestion!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:52 pm Salford want Partington at the end of this year.

Not heard how likely it is, other than Wigan were open to letting him go at the end of the season.

Open to letting him go was a couple of months ago so the stance may have changed.
I hope he stays Dan, he’s not even reached his prime for a prop & I think he will improve given another year. I would be really sad to see him leave 😢
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:22 pm
medlocke wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:17 pm We should swap him for Dan Sarginson
Are you joking?

You want a player who is almost 30 & injury prone in a swap for a player who is almost 24 & has still not reached his full potential as a prop?

Seems a strange suggestion!
yes :D
Last edited by medlocke on Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I also hope Partington stays, if he is released I think he'll do a Barrie McDermott and flourish elsewhere! Sadly, I think the numbers we have are against him next season!
doc

Post by doc »

According to the player stats on the club website Partington is around 15 1/2 stone. He's just not big enough to bash holes in defensive lines that have 17 stone props and does not run the right lines to avoid the opposition like Faz. I would never question his effort as he will tackle anything that moves, he just isn't big enough and looks as big as he will ever get at the moment.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Happy to see him go.
Doesn’t make the must yardage and is prone to give penalties away
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:52 pm I also hope Partington stays, if he is released I think he'll do a Barrie McDermott and flourish elsewhere! Sadly, I think the numbers we have are against him next season!
I think he will go the same way as Eamon O'Carroll