Salford want Partington.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
medlocke

Re: Salford want Partington.

Post by medlocke »

CobraCraig wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:17 am
medlocke wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:42 pm I really don't get all this "Too small for the modern day" malarkey, in todays game the majority of props look as big as the centres did 25/30 year back, where are the big men we used to see rampaging around the pitch (Feka, Vila Matautia, Dean Samson, Joe Vagana, Cowie & Tez etc). I have a feeling that saying a player is Too Small is just a way of saying the player is shite without offending said player and his devout followers?, then again I could be talking rubbish again, either way I can see Partington being a Championship player within 2 to 3 seasons
I could be wrong but I reckon on the whole the props are as big and probably more athletic I reckon they may now look smaller as the size of the outside backs and second rowers are much bigger.
Partington I have said before I think can be a good player if he can put on a stone or two of muscle which may be possible with age but that’s not going to be an over night thing.
You could be right, but it's not like we many wingers and centres the size Lesley Vainikolo running round the pitch, I believe the likes of Matautia & Vagana where both around the 20st mark
CobraCraig

Post by CobraCraig »

medlocke wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:40 pm
medlocke wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:42 pm I really don't get all this "Too small for the modern day" malarkey, in todays game the majority of props look as big as the centres did 25/30 year back, where are the big men we used to see rampaging around the pitch (Feka, Vila Matautia, Dean Samson, Joe Vagana, Cowie & Tez etc). I have a feeling that saying a player is Too Small is just a way of saying the player is shite without offending said player and his devout followers?, then again I could be talking rubbish again, either way I can see Partington being a Championship player within 2 to 3 seasons
I could be wrong but I reckon on the whole the props are as big and probably more athletic I reckon they may now look smaller as the size of the outside backs and second rowers are much bigger.
Partington I have said before I think can be a good player if he can put on a stone or two of muscle which may be possible with age but that’s not going to be an over night thing.
You could be right, but it's not like we many wingers and centres the size Lesley Vainikolo running round the pitch, I believe the likes of Matautia & Vagana where both around the 20st mark
Is that not because players are more athletic now? And you don’t see a lot carrying much fat? Feka himself ended up stripping a lot of weight.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:52 pm Salford want Partington at the end of this year.

Not heard how likely it is, other than Wigan were open to letting him go at the end of the season.

Open to letting him go was a couple of months ago so the stance may have changed.

Now being reported.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... s-24427877
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

CobraCraig wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:26 pm
medlocke wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:40 pm

Is that not because players are more athletic now? And you don’t see a lot carrying much fat? Feka himself ended up stripping a lot of weight.
Which affected his game iirc
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Cooper in, Hardaker out, the possibility of Bibby and Partington leaving together with Wigan not spending the full cap tells me, if true, that we are lining up a new recruit and retaining players on improved contracts.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:29 pm Cooper in, Hardaker out, the possibility of Bibby and Partington leaving together with Wigan not spending the full cap tells me, if true, that we are lining up a new recruit and retaining players on improved contracts.
You can add kpp to that as well. Centre needed
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Dreamteam wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:55 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:29 pm Cooper in, Hardaker out, the possibility of Bibby and Partington leaving together with Wigan not spending the full cap tells me, if true, that we are lining up a new recruit and retaining players on improved contracts.
KPP will be here next season unless Newcastle provide the required funding or a player swap.

If his contract with the Knights for 2024 is actually signed, that is. There has been no confirmation still.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

If Partington played for another team, would you want Wigan to sign him?
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

The booze hound wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:06 pm If Partington played for another team, would you want Wigan to sign him?
That's a good point. I'm not to sure I would.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

wgwr1999 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:30 am
Dreamteam wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:55 pm
KPP will be here next season unless Newcastle provide the required funding or a player swap.

If his contract with the Knights for 2024 is actually signed, that is. There has been no confirmation still.
Knights will have no problem stumping you a fee. A swap won’t be possible as we have no quota spots available