Luke Thompson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dave B

Re: Luke Thompson

Post by Dave B »

I seem to remember Thompson saying the only way he would play for Wigan would be if he was short of money, but my Dads a millionaire!
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Dave B wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:42 pm I seem to remember Thompson saying the only way he would play for Wigan would be if he was short of money, but my Dads a millionaire!
Even if that's true, I remember George Williams saying he joined Wire to win trophies.

A lot of people say a lot of things.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

I think we are lacking a real big/enforcer type prop, taking Saints as the example, a Warmsley/Paasi type.

Thompson is very mobile but we are reasonably well off there but he would be a great addition.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:21 pm I think we are lacking a real big/enforcer type prop, taking Saints as the example, a Warmsley/Paasi type.

Thompson is very mobile but we are reasonably well off there but he would be a great addition.
There aren’t too many out there available. I think we have a very strong bench to turn to with havard mago Ellis cooper ect now tho which can easily match saints bench
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Whilst I rate Thompson I can’t see us signing him now with Cooper joining us. I’m happy enough with the pack. I’d like us to get a quality centre in and depending on French another winger if he leaves.
doc

Post by doc »

I'd have Miski on the wing and one of the kids as back up. Centre is the most important position to fill at the moment.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Miski cannot be a starting winger on a contending team - no chance. He's a capable rotation player who finishes off moves but he's not big enough nor quick enough & isn't an insane finisher or defender to make up for it. He works as the extra man to a scoring edge but he's limited to exactly that.

In regards to Thompson, I think he'd make us undoubtably the best team in the league. We do miss a Walmsley type figure & usually get our big yardage from genuine ball play [which is brilliant to watch] instead of just running the ball down the opposition's throat.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Before Cooper I'd have thought Wigan In with a chance if Thompson came back home,now though no chance whoever signs him though will get a hell of a player as we know.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

We've lost Hardaker & Nicholson whilst signing Cooper. In 2023, we'll lose Partington & maybe more whilst hopefully signing a centre like the rumoured Wardle.

I don't know why we wouldn't have room for Thompson when home grown marquee players [like Bateman] count for far less of the cap as far as I am aware.
WarriorRoss11

Post by WarriorRoss11 »

According to the Mole we’re leading the race for Luke Thompson