Luke Thompson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Barney841
Posts: 1803
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:24 am

Re: Luke Thompson

Post by Barney841 »

You sign the best players if you can.
Thompson would be the best player in the pack if he signed.
He’s ahead of our current props fact
Dan2266
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:47 pm

Re: Luke Thompson

Post by Dan2266 »

WarriorRoss11 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:27 pm According to the Mole we’re leading the race for Luke Thompson
We certainly are. Leeds also trying very hard. Saints will struggle.
wgwr1999
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:15 pm

Re: Luke Thompson

Post by wgwr1999 »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:03 pm
WarriorRoss11 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:27 pm According to the Mole we’re leading the race for Luke Thompson
We certainly are. Leeds also trying very hard. Saints will struggle.
Do Leeds even have the cap space? I thought it would be Hull that were the biggest threat with a blank cheque.
wgwr1999
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:15 pm

Re: Luke Thompson

Post by wgwr1999 »

Barney841 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:45 pm You sign the best players if you can.
Thompson would be the best player in the pack if he signed.
He’s ahead of our current props fact
I would argue he's ahead of all SL & a LOT of NRL props.

There's a reason why Storm wanted him. We're lucky to even be in the conversation to be honest.
Dan2266
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:47 pm

Re: Luke Thompson

Post by Dan2266 »

wgwr1999 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:06 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:03 pm
WarriorRoss11 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:27 pm According to the Mole we’re leading the race for Luke Thompson
We certainly are. Leeds also trying very hard. Saints will struggle.
Do Leeds even have the cap space? I thought it would be Hull that were the biggest threat with a blank cheque.
Leeds will for 2023, Hull as you say as well but Ive not heard anything of them
Dreamteam
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue May 17, 2022 8:47 pm

Re: Luke Thompson

Post by Dreamteam »

wgwr1999 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:07 pm
Barney841 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:45 pm You sign the best players if you can.
Thompson would be the best player in the pack if he signed.
He’s ahead of our current props fact
I would argue he's ahead of all SL & a LOT of NRL props.

There's a reason why Storm wanted him. We're lucky to even be in the conversation to be honest.
Pretty sure he was offered to the storm in the off season as the dogs want him off the cap ( he’s on 800k) but they turned it down. Whatever Phil Gould says the opposite happens anyway. He chats utter shite. Luke will be in sl next year
Barney841
Posts: 1803
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:24 am

Re: Luke Thompson

Post by Barney841 »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:09 pm
wgwr1999 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:06 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:03 pm

We certainly are. Leeds also trying very hard. Saints will struggle.
Do Leeds even have the cap space? I thought it would be Hull that were the biggest threat with a blank cheque.
Leeds will for 2023, Hull as you say as well but Ive not heard anything of them
Be careful Dan! You’ll be accused as a know it all again! 😁👍
Dan2266
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:47 pm

Re: Luke Thompson

Post by Dan2266 »

Barney841 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:36 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:09 pm
wgwr1999 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:06 pm

Do Leeds even have the cap space? I thought it would be Hull that were the biggest threat with a blank cheque.
Leeds will for 2023, Hull as you say as well but Ive not heard anything of them
Be careful Dan! You’ll be accused as a know it all again! 😁👍
🤣🤣 I don't know half as much as some people on here, I just chose to post, they dont.
wgwr1999
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:15 pm

Re: Luke Thompson

Post by wgwr1999 »

Leeds continue to bemuse me. The whole Gildart loan for starters is baffling & all the talk this season has been about their lack of cap space but I assume - with what Dan said - they have a lot of expiring deals?

I know Sutcliffe & Dwyer are set to leave but assuming Zak gets a second contract, who else is off the books?
Charriots Offiah
Posts: 2559
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Luke Thompson

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Dreamteam wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:35 pm
wgwr1999 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:07 pm
Barney841 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:45 pm You sign the best players if you can.
Thompson would be the best player in the pack if he signed.
He’s ahead of our current props fact
I would argue he's ahead of all SL & a LOT of NRL props.

There's a reason why Storm wanted him. We're lucky to even be in the conversation to be honest.
Pretty sure he was offered to the storm in the off season as the dogs want him off the cap ( he’s on 800k) but they turned it down. Whatever Phil Gould says the opposite happens anyway. He chats utter shite. Luke will be in sl next year
It was the Tigers.
Post Reply