Ricky Leutele

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Charriots Offiah
Posts: 2802
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Ricky Leutele

Post by Charriots Offiah »

wgwr1999 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:35 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:16 am
wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:37 pm

Then what is the point of suggesting it in the first place? :lol:
In case you didn’t understand me the first time, I didn’t! I replied to the comment that the Giants couldn’t afford him and I gave a plausible answer as to how they could. It happens all the time in the NRL, or didn’t you know that?
There's no point talking about how they could do something when you later admit that they never would.

And comparing us to the NRL with the existing differences in finances is pretty pointless. They can buy out a major contract & replace it the next day if they really wanted to -- Huddersfield, for example, do not have that luxury.
How do you know the Giants can't afford him?

How do you know King is one of the highest paid centres?

I believe none of the above is based on fact but your opinion which my could and would are but I have given you a plausible example of how it could work. I await your reply on the above two questions.
wgwr1999
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:15 pm

Re: Ricky Leutele

Post by wgwr1999 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:20 am
wgwr1999 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:35 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:16 am

In case you didn’t understand me the first time, I didn’t! I replied to the comment that the Giants couldn’t afford him and I gave a plausible answer as to how they could. It happens all the time in the NRL, or didn’t you know that?
There's no point talking about how they could do something when you later admit that they never would.

And comparing us to the NRL with the existing differences in finances is pretty pointless. They can buy out a major contract & replace it the next day if they really wanted to -- Huddersfield, for example, do not have that luxury.
How do you know the Giants can't afford him?

How do you know King is one of the highest paid centres?

I believe none of the above is based on fact but your opinion which my could and would are but I have given you a plausible example of how it could work. I await your reply on the above two questions.
I know for a fact that King is on massive money because Warrington had to beat off Saints & Wigan's interest for a [at the time] young, England international centre.

The whole "Huddersfield can't afford him" isn't what I am saying. Being able to afford ≠ wanting to pay for.
Dan2266
Posts: 1256
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:47 pm

Re: Ricky Leutele

Post by Dan2266 »

wgwr1999 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:54 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:20 am
wgwr1999 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:35 am

There's no point talking about how they could do something when you later admit that they never would.

And comparing us to the NRL with the existing differences in finances is pretty pointless. They can buy out a major contract & replace it the next day if they really wanted to -- Huddersfield, for example, do not have that luxury.
How do you know the Giants can't afford him?

How do you know King is one of the highest paid centres?

I believe none of the above is based on fact but your opinion which my could and would are but I have given you a plausible example of how it could work. I await your reply on the above two questions.
I know for a fact that King is on massive money because Warrington had to beat off Saints & Wigan's interest for a [at the time] young, England international centre.

The whole "Huddersfield can't afford him" isn't what I am saying. Being able to afford ≠ wanting to pay for.
& Hull KR offered massive money, If King isn't the highest earner in his position he is 100% in the top 3
Charriots Offiah
Posts: 2802
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Ricky Leutele

Post by Charriots Offiah »

wgwr1999 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:54 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:20 am
wgwr1999 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:35 am

There's no point talking about how they could do something when you later admit that they never would.

And comparing us to the NRL with the existing differences in finances is pretty pointless. They can buy out a major contract & replace it the next day if they really wanted to -- Huddersfield, for example, do not have that luxury.
How do you know the Giants can't afford him?

How do you know King is one of the highest paid centres?

I believe none of the above is based on fact but your opinion which my could and would are but I have given you a plausible example of how it could work. I await your reply on the above two questions.
I know for a fact that King is on massive money because Warrington had to beat off Saints & Wigan's interest for a [at the time] young, England international centre.

The whole "Huddersfield can't afford him" isn't what I am saying. Being able to afford ≠ wanting to pay for.
What do you mean by massive money, have you a figure or are you putting 2+2 together and getting the wrong answer?
Charriots Offiah
Posts: 2802
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Ricky Leutele

Post by Charriots Offiah »

wgwr1999 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:54 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:20 am
wgwr1999 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:35 am

There's no point talking about how they could do something when you later admit that they never would.

And comparing us to the NRL with the existing differences in finances is pretty pointless. They can buy out a major contract & replace it the next day if they really wanted to -- Huddersfield, for example, do not have that luxury.
How do you know the Giants can't afford him?

How do you know King is one of the highest paid centres?

I believe none of the above is based on fact but your opinion which my could and would are but I have given you a plausible example of how it could work. I await your reply on the above two questions.
I know for a fact that King is on massive money because Warrington had to beat off Saints & Wigan's interest for a [at the time] young, England international centre.

The whole "Huddersfield can't afford him" isn't what I am saying. Being able to afford ≠ wanting to pay for.
You say that Huddersfield would not want to pay his salary but that view is not based on any evidence whatsoever. If Warrington put a proposal to Huddersfield, like the one I put forward, then they may very well sign him? Having said that, I agree with you that it is unlikely.
Charriots Offiah
Posts: 2802
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Ricky Leutele

Post by Charriots Offiah »

wgwr1999 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:35 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:16 am
wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:37 pm

Then what is the point of suggesting it in the first place? :lol:
In case you didn’t understand me the first time, I didn’t! I replied to the comment that the Giants couldn’t afford him and I gave a plausible answer as to how they could. It happens all the time in the NRL, or didn’t you know that?
There's no point talking about how they could do something when you later admit that they never would.

And comparing us to the NRL with the existing differences in finances is pretty pointless. They can buy out a major contract & replace it the next day if they really wanted to -- Huddersfield, for example, do not have that luxury.
I didn’t say they would or wouldn’t, I was telling you how a deal could be concluded. And, for what it is worth I have never mentioned Huddersfield buying out his contract!
pedro
Posts: 5134
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:37 pm

Re: Ricky Leutele

Post by pedro »

Leutele was the highest earing centre in the northern hemisphere when he was on Toronto, he cant be on a poor wage now
User avatar
shawxshark
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:46 pm

Re: Ricky Leutele

Post by shawxshark »

pedro wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:58 am Leutele was the highest earing centre in the northern hemisphere when he was on Toronto, he cant be on a poor wage now
I thought he was highest paid centre in world rugby when he was at Toronto?
wgwr1999
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:15 pm

Re: Ricky Leutele

Post by wgwr1999 »

shawxshark wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:06 pm
pedro wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:58 am Leutele was the highest earing centre in the northern hemisphere when he was on Toronto, he cant be on a poor wage now
I thought he was highest paid centre in world rugby when he was at Toronto?
Trying to think of the top centres in 2019 -- Latrell comes to mind but he was young.
Charriots Offiah
Posts: 2802
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Ricky Leutele

Post by Charriots Offiah »

shawxshark wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:06 pm
pedro wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:58 am Leutele was the highest earing centre in the northern hemisphere when he was on Toronto, he cant be on a poor wage now
I thought he was highest paid centre in world rugby when he was at Toronto?
That’s what was said, he must be on a fair chunk at Huddersfield.
Post Reply