Ricky Leutele

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
medlocke

Re: Ricky Leutele

Post by medlocke »

CobraCraig wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:58 pm
Barney841 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:30 pm
Firestarter wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:08 pm Just looked at the teams from last night….. ive narrowed it down( no fact obviously)

1 leutele( hopefully)
2 king ( maybe if he came cheaper than hes supposedly on)
3 richardson( maybe as a cheap tommy replacement but ide rather have lino)
4 senior( very underrated winger imo and we could then release miski for quota spot which is wasted on a backup player)
5 westerman( long shot but would boost our back row options after all our recent losses)
6 edwards( same as above but obviously the quota thing)
7 obrien( Definately an underrated player who would be very versatile and handy as backup…. Can also kick goals well which is always a bonus when we have injuries)
I wouldn’t go near westerman now, too old and when he went to wolves didn’t think he really shone there
Westerman won’t happen as he’s too old but for me he’s been one of the best back rows in the league this season, he ripped us apart in a game earlier this season.

I’m guessing the player is King which is doing the rounds this weekend, which I wouldn’t be too against at the right price but would rather it be Leutele.
French out Leutele in with Miski taking the wing slot is what I'm thinking will happen, I'd be happy with that given French's desire to go yam
CobraCraig

Post by CobraCraig »

medlocke wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:17 pm

I wouldn’t go near westerman now, too old and when he went to wolves didn’t think he really shone there
Westerman won’t happen as he’s too old but for me he’s been one of the best back rows in the league this season, he ripped us apart in a game earlier this season.

I’m guessing the player is King which is doing the rounds this weekend, which I wouldn’t be too against at the right price but would rather it be Leutele.
French out Leutele in with Miski taking the wing slot is what I'm thinking will happen, I'd be happy with that given French's desire to go yam
The rumour is Leutele is going Leigh
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:08 pm Just looked at the teams from last night….. ive narrowed it down( no fact obviously)

1 leutele( hopefully)
2 king ( maybe if he came cheaper than hes supposedly on)
3 richardson( maybe as a cheap tommy replacement but ide rather have lino)
4 senior( very underrated winger imo and we could then release miski for quota spot which is wasted on a backup player)
5 westerman( long shot but would boost our back row options after all our recent losses)
6 edwards( same as above but obviously the quota thing)
7 obrien( Definately an underrated player who would be very versatile and handy as backup…. Can also kick goals well which is always a bonus when we have injuries)

How did he rip us apart?? We beat Castleford home & away this season & last!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
CobraCraig

Post by CobraCraig »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:54 pm

Westerman won’t
happen as he’s too old but for me he’s been one of the best back rows in the league this season, he ripped us apart in a game earlier this season.

An individual can have a strong game and be on the losing side imo.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

CobraCraig wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:52 pm

Westerman won’t
happen as he’s too old but for me he’s been one of the best back rows in the league this season, he ripped us apart in a game earlier this season.

Yes, I know that, but to say he ‘ripped us apart’ I think was a bit over the top.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pedro

Post by pedro »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:44 pm

Yes, I know that, but to say he ‘ripped us apart’ I think was a bit over the top.
to be fair he did in 1 game, walked through us for fun
CobraCraig

Post by CobraCraig »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:44 pm

Potentially OTT but he had a really good game, can’t remember too many individual performances that good against us. I have just looked at the stats and it was nearly 180 yards, 4 tackle busts and 2 clean breaks. I remember us struggling to handle him most of the match and at one point was shocked he left Bateman for dust (think John must have been injured).
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

Richardson signed a 2 year extension last week. I’d go nowhere near him.

Brodie Croft or Mason Lino are the only halves I’d be considering but both not gonna happen.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

DavidB wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:55 am Richardson signed a 2 year extension last week. I’d go nowhere near him.

Brodie Croft or Mason Lino are the only halves I’d be considering but both not gonna happen.
Brodie Croft is all class.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

What is this thinking that we need a shiny new halfback? Harry Smith & Cade Cust are starting every game next year when fit & the club have a very promising young halfback they want to develop in Logan Astley.

If anything, we need a new hooker to replace Tommy to come off the bench if the club do not rate Brad O'Neill and/or Sam Powell.