Ricky Leutele

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Charriots Offiah
Posts: 2575
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Ricky Leutele

Post by Charriots Offiah »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:16 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:56 pm
wgwr1999 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:33 pm I'm not sure he'd be willing to take less money at 26 years of age when he's guaranteed to be paid like a top centre until the end of 2025.
Warrington could make a payment to him which would enable him to move to Huddersfield at no, or little, financial loss.
No loss to whom? Who's paying him this money then? Which club will he be playing for with this "buy-out"? Couldn't he (theoretically) sign for us or Saints or Leeds? Surely he would become a free agent and could sign for any team once "paid off" (my words)? Does that "buyout" not count on the salary cap? Are you saying this how wire sign players - on lump sum payouts once left? That these do not count because of a "loophole" no other club is aware of?

There's no doubt wire could offer an "incentive" for him to walk away from the deal he just signed with them. Is it likely he will want to lose all that money just to do them a favour though? So they can recruit another player in "his" ex-position? Money gone, deal gone and at a club he has little chance of ever being offered that amount again?

Even if you claim wire would pay a percentage of his wage for him to play for another few years at Huddersfield. Why would King agree to that and how would that financially benefit wire?

I understand players want to play, however coaches can be sacked all the time for any number of reasons. That does not always equate to any major team reshuffles every time a coach leaves though does it? There is something "deeper" going on at wire, you can see this from their buying and selling over the last few months - I'm personally not sure it will end well for DP

Imagine wire start miserably next season as the "faith" in Powell is terminated and the new coach wants Toby King? Are they going to pay the giants a transfer fee just to get the player back?

Unless something major happens. King will be a wire player next season - hie is after all signed up for another 3 years with them. How Daryl Powell deals with this fact WILL be interesting. Somehow I personally don't think he will have to
To the player.
wgwr1999
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:15 pm

Re: Ricky Leutele

Post by wgwr1999 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:29 pm
buttmonkey2 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:16 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:56 pm

Warrington could make a payment to him which would enable him to move to Huddersfield at no, or little, financial loss.
No loss to whom? Who's paying him this money then? Which club will he be playing for with this "buy-out"? Couldn't he (theoretically) sign for us or Saints or Leeds? Surely he would become a free agent and could sign for any team once "paid off" (my words)? Does that "buyout" not count on the salary cap? Are you saying this how wire sign players - on lump sum payouts once left? That these do not count because of a "loophole" no other club is aware of?

There's no doubt wire could offer an "incentive" for him to walk away from the deal he just signed with them. Is it likely he will want to lose all that money just to do them a favour though? So they can recruit another player in "his" ex-position? Money gone, deal gone and at a club he has little chance of ever being offered that amount again?

Even if you claim wire would pay a percentage of his wage for him to play for another few years at Huddersfield. Why would King agree to that and how would that financially benefit wire?

I understand players want to play, however coaches can be sacked all the time for any number of reasons. That does not always equate to any major team reshuffles every time a coach leaves though does it? There is something "deeper" going on at wire, you can see this from their buying and selling over the last few months - I'm personally not sure it will end well for DP

Imagine wire start miserably next season as the "faith" in Powell is terminated and the new coach wants Toby King? Are they going to pay the giants a transfer fee just to get the player back?

Unless something major happens. King will be a wire player next season - hie is after all signed up for another 3 years with them. How Daryl Powell deals with this fact WILL be interesting. Somehow I personally don't think he will have to
To the player.
So you are essentially proposing that Warrington buy out his full contract? That's never happening in a million years.
Charriots Offiah
Posts: 2575
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Ricky Leutele

Post by Charriots Offiah »

wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:04 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:29 pm
buttmonkey2 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:16 am
No loss to whom? Who's paying him this money then? Which club will he be playing for with this "buy-out"? Couldn't he (theoretically) sign for us or Saints or Leeds? Surely he would become a free agent and could sign for any team once "paid off" (my words)? Does that "buyout" not count on the salary cap? Are you saying this how wire sign players - on lump sum payouts once left? That these do not count because of a "loophole" no other club is aware of?

There's no doubt wire could offer an "incentive" for him to walk away from the deal he just signed with them. Is it likely he will want to lose all that money just to do them a favour though? So they can recruit another player in "his" ex-position? Money gone, deal gone and at a club he has little chance of ever being offered that amount again?

Even if you claim wire would pay a percentage of his wage for him to play for another few years at Huddersfield. Why would King agree to that and how would that financially benefit wire?

I understand players want to play, however coaches can be sacked all the time for any number of reasons. That does not always equate to any major team reshuffles every time a coach leaves though does it? There is something "deeper" going on at wire, you can see this from their buying and selling over the last few months - I'm personally not sure it will end well for DP

Imagine wire start miserably next season as the "faith" in Powell is terminated and the new coach wants Toby King? Are they going to pay the giants a transfer fee just to get the player back?

Unless something major happens. King will be a wire player next season - hie is after all signed up for another 3 years with them. How Daryl Powell deals with this fact WILL be interesting. Somehow I personally don't think he will have to
To the player.
So you are essentially proposing that Warrington buy out his full contract? That's never happening in a million years.
No. I am suggesting that Warrington pay part of his salary and Huddersfield pay the balance.
wgwr1999
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:15 pm

Re: Ricky Leutele

Post by wgwr1999 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:54 pm
wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:04 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:29 pm

To the player.
So you are essentially proposing that Warrington buy out his full contract? That's never happening in a million years.
No. I am suggesting that Warrington pay part of his salary and Huddersfield pay the balance.
Why would Huddersfield pay a significant fee [reminder: his deal runs until 2025] for Toby King when they are set to sign Jake Bibby & Kevin Naiqama for 2023 & also still have Cudjoe unless he's retiring?
Charriots Offiah
Posts: 2575
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Ricky Leutele

Post by Charriots Offiah »

wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:38 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:54 pm
wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:04 pm

So you are essentially proposing that Warrington buy out his full contract? That's never happening in a million years.
No. I am suggesting that Warrington pay part of his salary and Huddersfield pay the balance.
Why would Huddersfield pay a significant fee [reminder: his deal runs until 2025] for Toby King when they are set to sign Jake Bibby & Kevin Naiqama for 2023 & also still have Cudjoe unless he's retiring?
I never said they would.
wgwr1999
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:15 pm

Re: Ricky Leutele

Post by wgwr1999 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:08 pm
wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:38 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:54 pm

No. I am suggesting that Warrington pay part of his salary and Huddersfield pay the balance.
Why would Huddersfield pay a significant fee [reminder: his deal runs until 2025] for Toby King when they are set to sign Jake Bibby & Kevin Naiqama for 2023 & also still have Cudjoe unless he's retiring?
I never said they would.
Then what is the point of suggesting it in the first place? :lol:
Charriots Offiah
Posts: 2575
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Ricky Leutele

Post by Charriots Offiah »

wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:37 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:08 pm
wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:38 pm

Why would Huddersfield pay a significant fee [reminder: his deal runs until 2025] for Toby King when they are set to sign Jake Bibby & Kevin Naiqama for 2023 & also still have Cudjoe unless he's retiring?
I never said they would.
Then what is the point of suggesting it in the first place? :lol:
In case you didn’t understand me the first time, I didn’t! I replied to the comment that the Giants couldn’t afford him and I gave a plausible answer as to how they could. It happens all the time in the NRL, or didn’t you know that?
Charriots Offiah
Posts: 2575
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Ricky Leutele

Post by Charriots Offiah »

wgwr1999 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:56 am
southportcdm wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:27 am Didn't really think we had a realistic chance of signing him. He doesn't come cheap and I'm assuming most of our cap was spoken for (i.e. assigned for existing players or anyone we hoped to sign). A very good player but will find it difficult to overcome his latest injury at his age. Wardle would be a better fit for us but I'm assuming he'll stay with wire. It's interesting to see that Watson claims to be looking for a replacement so I'm not certain if that means Bibby or another player as well as BIbby. He doesn't seem to be too keen on KIng so far.
There was & is no chance that Huddersfield sign Toby King on that contract & that, for me, means Warrington will not be signing Jake Wardle because they need to clear that cap space from King's contract -- you can't have one of the highest paid centres playing backup.
How do you know that he is one of the highest paid centres in the League?
medlocke
Posts: 9720
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: Ricky Leutele

Post by medlocke »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:16 am
wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:37 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:08 pm

I never said they would.
Then what is the point of suggesting it in the first place? :lol:
In case you didn’t understand me the first time, I didn’t! I replied to the comment that the Giants couldn’t afford him and I gave a plausible answer as to how they could. It happens all the time in the NRL, or didn’t you know that?
Isn't that how we got Trent Barrett?
wgwr1999
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:15 pm

Re: Ricky Leutele

Post by wgwr1999 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:16 am
wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:37 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:08 pm

I never said they would.
Then what is the point of suggesting it in the first place? :lol:
In case you didn’t understand me the first time, I didn’t! I replied to the comment that the Giants couldn’t afford him and I gave a plausible answer as to how they could. It happens all the time in the NRL, or didn’t you know that?
There's no point talking about how they could do something when you later admit that they never would.

And comparing us to the NRL with the existing differences in finances is pretty pointless. They can buy out a major contract & replace it the next day if they really wanted to -- Huddersfield, for example, do not have that luxury.
Post Reply