Ricky Leutele

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Brennox7

Ricky Leutele

Post by Brennox7 »

Rejecting new deal. Brian Carney has said us and Catalan have offered him a big deal. Anyone know anything about this? Surely if Catalan get him Dean Whare will become available?
Like a merry go round at the moment SL.
Cheers, Bill
Dan2266

Re: Ricky Leutele

Post by Dan2266 »

Brennox7 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:44 pm Rejecting new deal. Brian Carney has said us and Catalan have offered him a big deal. Anyone know anything about this? Surely if Catalan get him Dean Whare will become available?
Like a merry go round at the moment SL.
Cheers, Bill
I mentioned on another thread a few weeks ago he was offered to us by his agent after rejecting Huddersfield's first offer, I don't know anything else bar That.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Would rather go for the other Huddersfield centre available -- Jake Wardle.

A better long-term investment & wouldn't count on the quota.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

wgwr1999 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:30 pm Would rather go for the other Huddersfield centre available -- Jake Wardle.

I agree on the long term investment point but if you aren’t going to use a quota spot on a player like Leutele then who are you
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:26 am
wgwr1999 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:30 pm Would rather go for the other Huddersfield centre available -- Jake Wardle.

I agree on the long term investment point but if you aren’t going to use a quota spot on a player like Leutele then who are you
Could do with them both really
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:26 am

Apparently, a backup championship winger & a past-it second rower playing centre...

Even our quota props don't play every week & neither start. :lol:
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Leutele apparently off to Catalan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dan2266 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:52 am Leutele apparently off to Catalan
Thought he would be, another club that appears to have an elastic salary cap but a better lifestyle.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Didn't really think we had a realistic chance of signing him. He doesn't come cheap and I'm assuming most of our cap was spoken for (i.e. assigned for existing players or anyone we hoped to sign). A very good player but will find it difficult to overcome his latest injury at his age. Wardle would be a better fit for us but I'm assuming he'll stay with wire. It's interesting to see that Watson claims to be looking for a replacement so I'm not certain if that means Bibby or another player as well as BIbby. He doesn't seem to be too keen on KIng so far.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

southportcdm wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:27 am Didn't really think we had a realistic chance of signing him. He doesn't come cheap and I'm assuming most of our cap was spoken for (i.e. assigned for existing players or anyone we hoped to sign). A very good player but will find it difficult to overcome his latest injury at his age. Wardle would be a better fit for us but I'm assuming he'll stay with wire. It's interesting to see that Watson claims to be looking for a replacement so I'm not certain if that means Bibby or another player as well as BIbby. He doesn't seem to be too keen on KIng so far.
There was & is no chance that Huddersfield sign Toby King on that contract & that, for me, means Warrington will not be signing Jake Wardle because they need to clear that cap space from King's contract -- you can't have one of the highest paid centres playing backup.