Other player

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
widdenoldboy

Re: Other player

Post by widdenoldboy »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:55 am
ian.birchall wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:42 am
wgwr1999 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:40 am Whether people like it or not, Dan will NEVER say the name until it's done so let's deduce instead.

Gildart is on loan at Sydney & going to Redcliffe in '23.
Leutele is going home to the NRL or recently linked to Catalan.
Wardle is heavily linked to Wigan but nothing confirmed.
King is realistically stuck at Warrington on that contract but anything could happen.

I don't know about all the other "hints" from other posts but, regarding centres, this is it.
What happened to the idea that Gildart was coming back to a short term contract at Leeds. They don't need him, their 2 centres are already better than him.
By all accounts Wests pulled the plug on him moving to the UK.
Read that RFL transfer window is closed so no moves into Superleague?
A move within NRL might be allowed ?
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

So if Gildart isn't coming back, Wardle/King are surely swapping and Leutele is NRL bound or Catalans, its a minefield?
irl_warr

Post by irl_warr »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:15 am
wgwr1999 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:40 am Whether people like it or not, Dan will NEVER say the name until it's done so let's deduce instead.

Gildart is on loan at Sydney & going to Redcliffe in '23.
Leutele is going home to the NRL or recently linked to Catalan.
Wardle is heavily linked to Wigan but nothing confirmed.
King is realistically stuck at Warrington on that contract but anything could happen.

I don't know about all the other "hints" from other posts but, regarding centres, this is it.
Most people will understand why I cant say the name as that could have repercussions on myself, however I can point people in a direction and you can all ad it up and come to your own conclusion.

All I will repeat what I said ages ago, I'm sure Jonh knows about it as well, maybe a good idea to read a certain one of his posts back.

as daft as it sounds if I don't say the name I cant get in trouble, If people want to say the name based on little things I've said then that's out of my control and nothing can come of it.

I realise some people will think I'm just chatting rubbish and hedging my bets but that is not the case.

One day when/if I move on job wise I will be able to explain exactly why I can outright say some names but not others, then you will all understand.
I guess you are involved in the legal aspects of either Super League or a specific club, which makes total sense.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:13 am
Dan2266 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:55 am
ian.birchall wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:42 am
What happened to the idea that Gildart was coming back to a short term contract at Leeds. They don't need him, their 2 centres are already better than him.
By all accounts Wests pulled the plug on him moving to the UK.
Read that RFL transfer window is closed so no moves into Superleague?
A move within NRL might be allowed ?
Think they pulled the plug before the window closed, not entirely sure.

A move within the NRL must be allowed if its gone through, massive shock he's gone there.
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

It’s Wardle…I’m not sure what the alleged secret is.

It’s common knowledge.
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

I imagine it’s going to get announced at the end of the season then. Even more so if it’s Wardle as he’s with Warrington, who clearly need to focus on staying up. I doubt Huddersfield would under hand Warrington and announce it early.

Would be interesting to know who else we are linked with/ signed
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

I honestly think the Wardle & Gildart situations are identical.

Leaving club X for club Y in 2023 but currently on loan at club Z so the announcement hasn't been made.
CobraCraig

Post by CobraCraig »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:51 pm
CobraCraig wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:39 pm Dan said we had signed a player not big announcement noteworthy on the 15th of June but on another thread said Wigan where in talks with Wardle on the 20th (after it had been rumoured by others) but nothing agreed so it can’t be him although if Wardle signs im sure he will claim it was him all along.
I didn't say not announcement worthy… I said his current club will likely announce it. I also cant come out and say who it is so obviously posted what I could. I also said Im certain one of Gildart/Leutele/Wardle/King would be at Wigan next year…. Because as ive said a thousand times I cant name names. Even if I know who out of those it is.
In your exact words: the other player that's signed along with Cooper I don't see it worthy of a "Big Announcement" personally you then after Wardle was reported by others 10 days later said: The Wigan/Wardle links are real, not sure if anything has been signed.

So if you can’t mention his name you have done and why have you said he’s signed then 10 days later you’re not sure if it’s been signed? Seems to me like you throw enough vague info about and then try to make it stick to the next confirmed (or widely reported) deal.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

CobraCraig wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:39 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:51 pm
CobraCraig wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:39 pm Dan said we had signed a player not big announcement noteworthy on the 15th of June but on another thread said Wigan where in talks with Wardle on the 20th (after it had been rumoured by others) but nothing agreed so it can’t be him although if Wardle signs im sure he will claim it was him all along.
I didn't say not announcement worthy… I said his current club will likely announce it. I also cant come out and say who it is so obviously posted what I could. I also said Im certain one of Gildart/Leutele/Wardle/King would be at Wigan next year…. Because as ive said a thousand times I cant name names. Even if I know who out of those it is.
In your exact words: the other player that's signed along with Cooper I don't see it worthy of a "Big Announcement" personally you then after Wardle was reported by others 10 days later said: The Wigan/Wardle links are real, not sure if anything has been signed.

So if you can’t mention his name you have done and why have you said he’s signed then 10 days later you’re not sure if it’s been signed? Seems to me like you throw enough vague info about and then try to make it stick to the next confirmed (or widely reported) deal.
Excuse me, but you seem to be very argumentative regarding this thread.

Dan is posting what he can because of his job. If you don’t like to read his posts, you can just ignore them. Why get yourself all in a tizzy?

I just don’t see what the problem is? You can read the posts & leave it at that but why you need to be cross examining him is just beyond me.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Commented on links. Not whats going on. At the time I wasnt involved so could say that. I also then said his current club would likely be the ones to announce it. All I said was not sure if anything had being signed because I wasn't involved when I posted that 🙃🙃🙃

Its also boring now continually trying to justify myself to people. Ive posted that much thats happened no one should even try to come with the “you know nothing” craic. Yes, disagree with what I say if you want but Ive proven time and time again I know certain things that go on. Not everything ill be the first to admit that. Theres two instances where Ive said something thats not happened & countless times where Ive said things way way before anyone else and they’ve happened.

I cant remember every single thing Ive said before but my opinion on it being not a massive announcement is clearly because at that time Id not seen much of the player, as I admitted today. Then after that I was told his current club would likely be the ones to announce it anyway.

Folk can believe me or not I'm not really fussed, but if you don’t like what I say just save your own time and effort of trying to argue with me about it when I clearly do know whats going on.

Theres also a lot of people on here who know a lot more than me who seem to be on my wavelength with this current player. Listen to them.