Other player

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Caboosegg
Posts: 3320
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Other player

Post by Caboosegg »

Why does it matter.so much if Dan is in the know or is just throwing mud until something sticks.

It's a rumour thread doesn't have to be fact, it's gives people something to talk about other than slating player between matches.
Remember kids unless everything you say about Wigan is negative you're not a true "Fan"
mickali1
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:55 pm

Re: Other player

Post by mickali1 »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:16 am Why does it matter.so much if Dan is in the know or is just throwing mud until something sticks.

It's a rumour thread doesn't have to be fact, it's gives people something to talk about other than slating player between matches.
+1
Shaun1967
Posts: 1000
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:58 pm

Re: Other player

Post by Shaun1967 »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:16 am Why does it matter.so much if Dan is in the know or is just throwing mud until something sticks.

It's a rumour thread doesn't have to be fact, it's gives people something to talk about other than slating player between matches.
Exactly, if you think he’s guessing then just skip past his posts and leave them for those of us who trust what he is posting.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
User avatar
shawxshark
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:46 pm

Re: Other player

Post by shawxshark »

There’s only 3-4 people I believe on this forum and Dan is one of them, you know he’s not just spouting BS like most of us do, for instance if I hear something I’ll post it, but mines usually come from 50 other people before I hear it so god knows what’s been added along the way, that’s why it’s a rumour, but Dan and a few more are generally spot on because they hear it from source or horses mouth
nathan_rugby
Posts: 3621
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:12 pm

Re: Other player

Post by nathan_rugby »

Dan posts things as they are happening and not just solid / confirmed rumours.

He may say we have sent scouts to a team to watch their centre. If we don’t end up signing a centre from that team he shouldn’t get crucified.

It’s good intelligence into the happenings at the club.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Dan2266
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:47 pm

Re: Other player

Post by Dan2266 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:07 pm Dan posts things as they are happening and not just solid / confirmed rumours.

He may say we have sent scouts to a team to watch their centre. If we don’t end up signing a centre from that team he shouldn’t get crucified.

It’s good intelligence into the happenings at the club.
Literally it, sometimes I'm not first to mention a certain rumour or something that's going on, but when there's substance behind it I will add to the thread.

I mentioned Wigan monitoring Coopers situation long before it was even rumoured he was available, never mind the actual Wigan links, If we didn't end up signing him that info was still correct.

Lee Briers coming as well, I'm certain no one outside the club (that posts on here anyway) had a scooby about that till I mentioned it on here.

Things change in an instant and I only post what I know to be fact.

If its not "In the know" ill always put at the end that its my opinion.
User avatar
Firestarter
Posts: 4341
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:07 pm

Re: Other player

Post by Firestarter »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:20 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:07 pm Dan posts things as they are happening and not just solid / confirmed rumours.

He may say we have sent scouts to a team to watch their centre. If we don’t end up signing a centre from that team he shouldn’t get crucified.

It’s good intelligence into the happenings at the club.
Literally it, sometimes I'm not first to mention a certain rumour or something that's going on, but when there's substance behind it I will add to the thread.

I mentioned Wigan monitoring Coopers situation long before it was even rumoured he was available, never mind the actual Wigan links, If we didn't end up signing him that info was still correct.

Lee Briers coming as well, I'm certain no one outside the club (that posts on here anyway) had a scooby about that till I mentioned it on here.

Things change in an instant and I only post what I know to be fact.

If its not "In the know" ill always put at the end that its my opinion.
You shouldnt have to put its your opinion dan…… just keep posting it all makes good reading and its rare anyone is 100% as shark says above
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Jonh
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:45 pm

Re: Other player

Post by Jonh »

I think the issue is you are so tenuous at times it could account for anyone.

Saying the signing isn’t a big one…but then all but confirming it is Wardle when it is common knowledge is an odd one.

Wardle is a huge signing for Wigan.

Cooper links were on other site long time before they were mentioned on here I believe.

There is also a certain feel of arrogance about the posts such a desire to be the first to break a story and then take credit for it.

I hear plenty but wouldn’t post it until I could rather than through out very vague statements which basically just stir the pot.

They do however create a bit of interest and attention which I get the feeling you like and is what also makes rumours pages what they are so fair play.
josie andrews
Posts: 31152
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: Wigan
Contact:

Re: Other player

Post by josie andrews »

I know plenty, but don’t post anymore because of outburst Dan receives!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dan2266
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:47 pm

Re: Other player

Post by Dan2266 »

Jonh wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:38 pm I think the issue is you are so tenuous at times it could account for anyone.

Saying the signing isn’t a big one…but then all but confirming it is Wardle when it is common knowledge is an odd one.

Wardle is a huge signing for Wigan.

Cooper links were on other site long time before they were mentioned on here I believe.

There is also a certain feel of arrogance about the posts such a desire to be the first to break a story and then take credit for it.

I hear plenty but wouldn’t post it until I could rather than through out very vague statements which basically just stir the pot.

They do however create a bit of interest and attention which I get the feeling you like and is what also makes rumours pages what they are so fair play.

Fair enough, Noted, as I say Im not on any other sites or anything so don't know if its being said there first or whatever, I said it wasn't a huge signing because at the time Id not heard much or seen much of said player. Even if it becomes common knowledge about certain players if I am in any way shape or form seen to have named said players before they are official and not just on rumour sites then I could be in a lot of trouble (if im in anyway involved in dealings for said player) others Im not involved in I can name…. Hope that makes sense. Ill take that on board and try to word my posts more respectfully if they come across as arrogant because thats not something I am at all & if its came across that way then I apologise, its actually quite annoyed me if Ive came across that way.

In regards to being vague I will hold off on those posts until I can say something more concrete, I just thought people would be able to make sense of the hints.

Cheers 👍🏻
Post Reply