Bateman

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
morley pie eater

Re: Bateman

Post by morley pie eater »

Dreamteam wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:56 am
Dan2266 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:46 am I'm pretty sure he has a £200k (ish) clause in his contract
Should say that 350 k is in aus so you’re about right
The way the pound is going, 350k in Aus $ could be £1m by the time they pay :lol:
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

morley pie eater wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:15 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:46 am I'm pretty sure he has a £200k (ish) clause in his contract
The way the pound is going, 350k in Aus $ could be £1m by the time they pay :lol:
Generous that 😂😂
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Some people are making plenty of dosh from the exchange rate, I am convinced it is being manipulated.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:47 am

Some people are making plenty of dosh from the exchange rate, I am convinced it is being manipulated.
Can't post it as it would be political but yes it has been and certain groups of people have earned alot of money from the pound crashing.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:33 pm

Can't post it as it would be political but yes it has been and certain groups of people have earned alot of money from the pound crashing.
Pound rebounds, Experts get it wrong again :D
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

medlocke wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:54 pm

Come back when it's back up to 1.35 :)
To make it rugby related again the cap really does need to increase to allow us to keep the best players we produce.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:14 am

To make it rugby related again the cap really does need to increase to allow us to keep the best players we produce.
There shouldn't be a "small club friendly" salary cap in the long-term. Making that a feasible reality should be the main priority for the SL in order make the league a more attractive product to players AND broadcasters/fans. It's borderline delusional to still believe competitiveness is tied to a salary cap.

It's one of the most entertaining sports in the country with non-stop action yet is arguably the worst marketed. Get Matchroom involved like they did the darts & boxing like Eddie has previously spoken about.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

wgwr1999 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:23 am
There shouldn't be a "small club friendly" salary cap in the long-term. Making that a feasible reality should be the main priority for the SL in order make the league a more attractive product to players AND broadcasters/fans. It's borderline delusional to still believe competitiveness is tied to a salary cap.

It's one of the most entertaining sports in the country with non-stop action yet is arguably the worst marketed. Get Matchroom involved like they did the darts & boxing like Eddie has previously spoken about.
Matchroom would want total control of the sport..and that will never happen
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:40 am
wgwr1999 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:23 am

Matchroom would want total control of the sport..and that will never happen
No good for saints then that lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

The problem is with the cap is the same issue with Rugby League in general - its always lowest common denominator

There is never an incentive for a club to go above and beyond look at the way you win the league you only have to win 50% of your games + 3

For sports to grow and improve you need to allow teams scope to improve their own businesses. The cap should be incentivized

Higher dispensation for those who run academy teams - maybe even make that the prize for the academy GF, those who bring in average crowds get higher allowance and so on. Make it worth it.

But unless you change the way the competition is won i cant see anybody trying that hard to improve. The better teams know they can coast through the (pre)season and because they have larger squads they will be ok come to the business end

I totally disagree with the premise it makes it better because "anyone can win it" or games would be dead rubber for the mid pack- 1) proven that it doesnt mean anyone can win it as the same teams keep winning it, 2) good if you have a bang average team that only wins x amount of games you dont deserve to be able to challenge, get better!

You argue the morals of football where billionaires have dictated the best teams but 5 different winners over the last 10 years in a much harder competition to win - you look at this city team now who look absolutely immense reegardless of them dominating or not people just want to watch them because the standard is amazing

1 or 2 teams will always be fairly dominant in any sport but they set the bar if you have 10/10 teams at the top your middle teams will be 6 or 7/10

if you have 6/10 teams at the top you will have 2 or 3/10 teams below them

All we have done in Superleauge is made every team worse
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure