Bateman

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dreamteam
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue May 17, 2022 8:47 pm

Re: Bateman

Post by Dreamteam »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:59 am
Dreamteam wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:56 am
Dan2266 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:46 am I'm pretty sure he has a £200k (ish) clause in his contract
Should say that 350 k is in aus so you’re about right
I cant imagine them paying that, I can see him going for a smaller fee if he indicates a desire to leave, however I've heard nothing of the sorts, I'm also pretty sure all that speculation was quashed at one of the fans forums.
I would say there’s next to no chance of him leaving. We wouldn’t stand in his way but the tigers are trying to move away from splashing silly money and John doesn’t want to move back over there
Dan2266
Posts: 1256
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:47 pm

Re: Bateman

Post by Dan2266 »

Dreamteam wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:23 am
Dan2266 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:59 am
Dreamteam wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:56 am

Should say that 350 k is in aus so you’re about right
I cant imagine them paying that, I can see him going for a smaller fee if he indicates a desire to leave, however I've heard nothing of the sorts, I'm also pretty sure all that speculation was quashed at one of the fans forums.
I would say there’s next to no chance of him leaving. We wouldn’t stand in his way but the tigers are trying to move away from splashing silly money and John doesn’t want to move back over there
I would agree to be honest, I've heard nothing about him having a desire to leave or Wigan having a desire to move him on, He needs to re find his form however, he's shown slight glimpses this season but on a whole he looks a shadow of his former self, I just hope that's got nothing to do with his dodgy shoulder.

Personally I don't think we can completely rule it out about his shoulder, we all know what happened with George Burgess (no in depth medical), it was maybe the same process when Bateman re-signed.. who knows
wgwr1999
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:15 pm

Re: Bateman

Post by wgwr1999 »

Correct me if I'm wrong as this is all opinion but this whole thread seems to be about certain Wigan fans wanting Bateman to leave & there being obvious NRL interest in John... but absolutely no indication that Wigan want to sell/get rid or that the player himself wants to leave.
Dan2266
Posts: 1256
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:47 pm

Re: Bateman

Post by Dan2266 »

wgwr1999 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:04 pm Correct me if I'm wrong as this is all opinion but this whole thread seems to be about certain Wigan fans wanting Bateman to leave & there being obvious NRL interest in John... but absolutely no indication that Wigan want to sell/get rid or that the player himself wants to leave.
Think that just about sums it up, unless anyone on here knows something about a potential situation, but I certainly don't.
medlocke
Posts: 9809
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: Bateman

Post by medlocke »

Imagine that, a rumour thread full of post that could or could not be true :roll:
wgwr1999
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:15 pm

Re: Bateman

Post by wgwr1999 »

medlocke wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:42 pm Imagine that, a rumour thread full of post that could or could not be true :roll:
My point isn't that it's true or not, I'm not discrediting anyone here. My point is that there are no indications that the two most important parties -- Wigan & John -- want this move to happen.
Dreamteam
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue May 17, 2022 8:47 pm

Re: Bateman

Post by Dreamteam »

wgwr1999 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:02 pm
medlocke wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:42 pm Imagine that, a rumour thread full of post that could or could not be true :roll:
My point isn't that it's true or not, I'm not discrediting anyone here. My point is that there are no indications that the two most important parties -- Wigan & John -- want this move to happen.
Tbh I only posted that post because it was new info. Think we can all agree on that John will 95% be at Wigan next year but never say never
Barney841
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:24 am

Re: Bateman

Post by Barney841 »

Dreamteam wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:51 am Wigan put a 350,000 transfer fee on bateman from the west tigers. Tigers fans want to get it done. Would be a miracle if we can get him off the cap and get a fee as well
I’d let him go for £100, least we’d have a marquee spot available then we could get someone who could earn that right
Dreamteam
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue May 17, 2022 8:47 pm

Re: Bateman

Post by Dreamteam »

Barney841 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:25 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:51 am Wigan put a 350,000 transfer fee on bateman from the west tigers. Tigers fans want to get it done. Would be a miracle if we can get him off the cap and get a fee as well
I’d let him go for £100, least we’d have a marquee spot available then we could get someone who could earn that right
Agreed
w.thomas
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:57 pm

Re: Bateman

Post by w.thomas »

Barney841 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:25 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:51 am Wigan put a 350,000 transfer fee on bateman from the west tigers. Tigers fans want to get it done. Would be a miracle if we can get him off the cap and get a fee as well
I’d let him go for £100, least we’d have a marquee spot available then we could get someone who could earn that right
Also agree.

He’s been bang average since his return. He doesn’t seem as much as a savage animal as before, he gets dominated too much these days.
Locked