Bateman

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dreamteam
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue May 17, 2022 8:47 pm

Re: Bateman

Post by Dreamteam »

Rumours coming out of aus that wests think they can land bateman. Apparently Tim sheens will be having talks with him when he comes down during the World Cup
wgwr1999
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:15 pm

Re: Bateman

Post by wgwr1999 »

Dreamteam wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:25 am Rumours coming out of aus that wests think they can land bateman. Apparently Tim sheens will be having talks with him when he comes down during the World Cup
Newcastle & all the NRL reporters also thought they could land Bevan French.
Dreamteam
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue May 17, 2022 8:47 pm

Re: Bateman

Post by Dreamteam »

wgwr1999 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:20 am
Dreamteam wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:25 am Rumours coming out of aus that wests think they can land bateman. Apparently Tim sheens will be having talks with him when he comes down during the World Cup
Newcastle & all the NRL reporters also thought they could land Bevan French.
Knights main reporter did say a week before we re signed him that things had changed. He definitely had agreed terms with the knights
Wes
Posts: 2122
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:28 pm

Re: Bateman

Post by Wes »

RE cap, if every team had to spend a minimum of 90% it would bring bottom teams up, as it is it brings top teams down.
nathan_rugby
Posts: 3697
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:12 pm

Re: Bateman

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wes wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:46 pm RE cap, if every team had to spend a minimum of 90% it would bring bottom teams up, as it is it brings top teams down.
Force clubs to spend money they don’t have?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
wgwr1999
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:15 pm

Re: Bateman

Post by wgwr1999 »

Dreamteam wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:23 am
wgwr1999 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:20 am
Dreamteam wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:25 am Rumours coming out of aus that wests think they can land bateman. Apparently Tim sheens will be having talks with him when he comes down during the World Cup
Newcastle & all the NRL reporters also thought they could land Bevan French.
Knights main reporter did say a week before we re signed him that things had changed. He definitely had agreed terms with the knights
People on this forum had Bevan agreed with Wigan for a lot, lot longer than a week before.

NRL reporters think they can sign anyone at a click of their fingers. They haven't got a clue.
wgwr1999
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:15 pm

Re: Bateman

Post by wgwr1999 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:56 pm
Wes wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:46 pm RE cap, if every team had to spend a minimum of 90% it would bring bottom teams up, as it is it brings top teams down.
Force clubs to spend money they don’t have?
Then they need to market themselves better, become feeder clubs and/or seek external investment.

Salary caps should be based around revenue. The better ran clubs are currently being held back & therefore so is RL/SL.
thegimble
Posts: 5851
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:09 am

Re: Bateman

Post by thegimble »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:56 pm
Wes wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:46 pm RE cap, if every team had to spend a minimum of 90% it would bring bottom teams up, as it is it brings top teams down.
Force clubs to spend money they don’t have?
Here is where licensing comes in. No team spending under 90% should be classed as A. Sides who spend less on the cap have usually poorer facilities etc. If a lower league side could improve SL at the cost of relegating them then it should happen
Charriots Offiah
Posts: 2802
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Bateman

Post by Charriots Offiah »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:56 pm
Wes wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:46 pm RE cap, if every team had to spend a minimum of 90% it would bring bottom teams up, as it is it brings top teams down.
Force clubs to spend money they don’t have?
How do we improve the product then? The game is going backwards.
medlocke
Posts: 9809
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: Bateman

Post by medlocke »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:56 pm
Wes wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:46 pm RE cap, if every team had to spend a minimum of 90% it would bring bottom teams up, as it is it brings top teams down.
Force clubs to spend money they don’t have?
If they can't spend and match the big guns then they shouldn't be in Super league, It's top level professional sport ffs, It's about time those in charge grew a set
Locked