Bateman

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
southportcdm

Re: Bateman

Post by southportcdm »

I really can't see John wanting to go back so soon. However, if he's interested and we're thinking about a change the only reason why we should consider letting him go early again would be if it made the difference between KPP staying or not. We certainly can't afford to lose them both at the same time so the second worst case would be one this season and one next.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

southportcdm wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:10 pm I really can't see John wanting to go back so soon. However, if he's interested and we're thinking about a change the only reason why we should consider letting him go early again would be if it made the difference between KPP staying or not. We certainly can't afford to lose them both at the same time so the second worst case would be one this season and one next.
His partner is Australian & she may now be homesick with having the baby boy & with Covid restrictions lifted, for the time being anyway, she may want the move.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:11 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:05 pm I’d rather let kpp go next year and take a big fee for him. He’s not getting in front of faz or batty, isa is still there next year and junior will be coming through in the next 2 years.
Nsemba is a great prospect, only 18 😊
Sure is
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

I like Bateman and would love us to keep him however he’s on marquee wages and if we’re entirely honest, he’s not lived up to marquee wage status in his performances since rejoining.

Last year he was a shadow of himself but that can be said for most of the team - this year he’s been better but I’d still say he’s at 6/7 out of 10 and way off the player we saw in NRL.

That being said, he’s a good influence for younger squad members by all accounts and experience is invaluable!

Seriously got some thinking to do, if the rumours are true
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

A must keep in my view.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Dreamteam wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:05 pm I’d rather let kpp go next year and take a big fee for him. He’s not getting in front of faz or batty, isa is still there next year and junior will be coming through in the next 2 years.
True but I’ve seen a lot of great prospects who don’t make it to the top.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:24 pm
Indeed
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

According to baldy aka James hooper Wigan have set a transfer fee of 200 k to the west tigers. Seems bollocks. Does John fancy hardly seeing his daughter again for a few years. Aussies love chatting out their arse
kitt green warriors

Wests move for Bateman rejected

Post by kitt green warriors »

Anyone know owt about it?
They mentioned it on NRL360 the other night over here.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/shock-cl ... man-57341/
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:43 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:24 pm

Indeed
There have been a lot who have too!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan