Bateman

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Kate83

Re: Bateman

Post by Kate83 »

If it means retaining French & signing Wardle then I wouldn’t be too disappointed to see him leave.

He is always passionate & gives his all but he hasn’t been the same standard playing-wise since he came back from Australia & most definitely isn’t deserving of marquee money.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Most players take a full season to get back to there best after going the nrl…… and bats had one hell of a good dig at nrl….. give him till next season st least
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:37 pm Most players take a full season to get back to there best after going the nrl…… and bats had one hell of a good dig at nrl….. give him till next season st least
He has been here 2 years already how long do we have to give him?? It’s a bit like Tomkins who was injured for the first 2 years he came back on marquee money! Then he buggered off to Catalan 🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Bateman isn't the player he was before he left I feel if he wants to go back let him and good luck to him
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

He showed glimpses of his former self in the Saints game.

I know he had personal reasons for coming back but maybe he should have worked out if he could stay there somehow? Maybe he possibly regrets having to come back? So this has affected his form. Who knows.

Look at Sutton. New three year deal with the Bulldogs, not looking back. That’s the way to do it if you are going to the NRL. Likewise if you come this way (rare as it is for players in their prime these days), make a go of it like Pat Richards did.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:53 pm
Firestarter wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:37 pm Most players take a full season to get back to there best after going the nrl…… and bats had one hell of a good dig at nrl….. give him till next season st least
He has been here 2 years already how long do we have to give him?? It’s a bit like Tomkins who was injured for the first 2 years he came back on marquee money! Then he buggered off to Catalan 🤨
yes i know and his best game was for england so is it tactics?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:49 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:53 pm
yes i know and his best game was for england so is it tactics?
I don’t know if it’s tactics or not, but he is nowhere near marquee money! He’s never been the same player since he had his teeth done! 😬

Someone said his house is for sale. Have you seen the size of it? It’s a cavernous place more like a stately home than a family home with the gallery it has!

Maybe his missus is homesick??
Meanwhile, Wigan Warriors’ John Bateman has been referred to tribunal for the offence which saw him dismissed in his side’s semi-final defeat to Leeds.

The forward has been charged with Grade D strikes after the high challenge on Aidan Sezer which has ruled the Leeds halfback out of the Grand Final.

Bateman is facing a ban of between three and five matches, putting his World Cup participation with England at risk.

https://www.totalrl.com/match-review-pa ... -revealed/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

My biggest worry if Bateman get a big ban is that Waney may not pick him for the World Cup and he'll serve all of his ban at the start of next season. Is this likely or can Waney just imply that he would have picked him to help us out? MIssing five games at the start of next season would make him even less value for money although perhaps you could argue that he'll at least get a good off season if he misses the World Cup.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Should a seasons ban count for internationals i don't think it should unless its a extreme offense (knocking someone out, finger up the jacksy etc.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

southportcdm wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:41 am My biggest worry if Bateman get a big ban is that Waney may not pick him for the World Cup and he'll serve all of his ban at the start of next season. Is this likely or can Waney just imply that he would have picked him to help us out? MIssing five games at the start of next season would make him even less value for money although perhaps you could argue that he'll at least get a good off season if he misses the World Cup.
I doubt the ban would count in Australia