Jake Wardle

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Re: Jake Wardle

Post by Dan2266 »

wgwr1999 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:28 am
Dan2266 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:09 am
wgwr1999 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:40 pm

Last I saw/heard, Bevan's most recent offer from Wigan was just under the marquee.

Hence why they were still reportedly after Thompson for 2023.
If we sign Thompson our Marquee players will be Thompson & Bateman, you'd then have French as the highest earning non marquee player. But his salary would be considered Marquee money at most other clubs.

I've no doubt we can fit Thompson in under the cap, its just the financial commitment it would take, as our wage bill would be huge and would require someone putting more money in than ever to cover it.

I just cant see that happening to be honest.
Are we not expecting any/many further departures to match new academy graduates?
Partington is on his way, that's been done for a while. Other than that I've not heard of anything concrete.

I did hear a whisper of Jack Hughes being of interest, It wouldnt shock me if that was true.

Willie Isa in my opinion could be one to depart but I cant stress enough how that is my opinion only and not something I've heard remotely anything about.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Wardle is still under contract to Huddersfield for next season and more than likely to stay at Huddesfield for 2023 and come to us in 2024 so we dont have to paya transfer thats what Watson is getting hyped up about .
He wants Wardle to stay at Huddersfield according to him with Wigan getting King next season would it be that Wardle is coming the year after? Wigan would have to agree a transfer or if we approached him would it not be an illegal approach.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

jaws1 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:49 am Wardle is still under contract to Huddersfield for next season and more than likely to stay at Huddesfield for 2023 and come to us in 2024 so we dont have to paya transfer thats what Watson is getting hyped up about .
He wants Wardle to stay at Huddersfield according to him with Wigan getting King next season would it be that Wardle is coming the year after? Wigan would have to agree a transfer or if we approached him would it not be an illegal approach.
The reason why Wardle joined Warrington & reportedly now Wigan is because his lack of game time was due to his poor relationship with Ian Watson... no?

And regarding King, someone who claims to have a very good source says he's confident in joining Wigan permanently.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

jaws1 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:49 am Wardle is still under contract to Huddersfield for next season and more than likely to stay at Huddesfield for 2023 and come to us in 2024 so we dont have to paya transfer thats what Watson is getting hyped up about .
Again, according to him in the press where he is told what he can and cant say :roll:

Wigan only need to agree a deal with Huddersfield, If they want him out there's nothing saying a transfer fee would be needed.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:55 am
wgwr1999 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:28 am
Dan2266 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:09 am

If we sign Thompson our Marquee players will be Thompson & Bateman, you'd then have French as the highest earning non marquee player. But his salary would be considered Marquee money at most other clubs.

I've no doubt we can fit Thompson in under the cap, its just the financial commitment it would take, as our wage bill would be huge and would require someone putting more money in than ever to cover it.

I just cant see that happening to be honest.
Are we not expecting any/many further departures to match new academy graduates?
Partington is on his way, that's been done for a while. Other than that I've not heard of anything concrete.

I did hear a whisper of Jack Hughes being of interest, It wouldnt shock me if that was true.

Willie Isa in my opinion could be one to depart but I cant stress enough how that is my opinion only and not something I've heard remotely anything about.
Signed for Leigh apparently
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Yea I'd seen the Hughes to Leigh story awhile back
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

It’ll be going no further than interest then if thats the case 🤣
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:24 pm It’ll be going no further than interest then if thats the case 🤣
As someone who has eyes in their head, why the hell would we want him?

So very average at best.

If he was on our radar…defo wasn’t….we really would be struggling.

Hands like cows tits and permanently injured.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Jonh wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:17 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:24 pm It’ll be going no further than interest then if thats the case 🤣

So very average at best.

Cheap, experienced backup option who has captained a "top" SL side.

I wouldn't want him personally but those are the positives to getting him back.
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

wgwr1999 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:13 am
Jonh wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:17 pm

So very average at best.

Cheap, experienced backup option who has captained a "top" SL side.

I wouldn't want him personally but those are the positives to getting him back.
There are 0 positives to getting him back.

Never even a consideration.