Jake Wardle

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Big stick

Re: Jake Wardle

Post by Big stick »

Bibby to Huddersfield just been announced.
Dan2266

Re: Bibbys gone

Post by Dan2266 »

Not been told or asked anything but cant Imagine its too far away.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

wgwr1999 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:23 am
Dreamteam wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:16 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:34 pm I'm looking forward to seeing what the coaching staff can do with King,he has lost his way so let's hope they can sort him out there's a fine player in there I think
The concern is we get him back near his best and then returns to wire next season and they get that great player back. Win win situation for them
Whilst I expect this level of cynicism from our fans, this isn't too accurate. King & Powell do not get on so they would have to sack him regardless of results AND the club gave him a ridiculous contract which they are trying to get rid off hence the acceptance to loan him to two better teams & get NOTHING in return apart from cap space.

Plus, somebody on this forum said that Toby himself expects his loan deal to become permanent at Wigan so it sounds like he's both desperate to be here long-term & backing himself to make it happen.
Surely he isn’t guaranteed to get a contract with us. The Hurrell situation worked out great with saints. Poor seasons at Leeds good system around him had a good year and was rewarded with an additional year
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Dreamteam wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:45 am
Dreamteam wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:16 pm

The concern is we get him back near his best and then returns to wire next season and they get that great player back. Win win situation for them
Whilst I expect this level of cynicism from our fans, this isn't too accurate. King & Powell do not get on so they would have to sack him regardless of results AND the club gave him a ridiculous contract which they are trying to get rid off hence the acceptance to loan him to two better teams & get NOTHING in return apart from cap space.

Plus, somebody on this forum said that Toby himself expects his loan deal to become permanent at Wigan so it sounds like he's both desperate to be here long-term & backing himself to make it happen.
Surely he isn’t guaranteed to get a contract with us. The Hurrell situation worked out great with saints. Poor seasons at Leeds good system around him had a good year and was rewarded with an additional year
Nobody gets guaranteed anything. I would assume, if what the bloke is true about it becoming permanent, is that he's likely been told "if you play well, you have a future here" or something along those lines. It's also a rare situation where you'll not only be impressing your club coach on the daily basis but also the international one.
God2

Post by God2 »

Unfortunately for King that’s where it all went pear shaped, before his contract he was playing some great rugby, once he got his improved deal at Warrington he went into decline.

He’s on loan here next season…I’d be definitely cautious in giving him a permanent deal off the back of that evidence.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

God2 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:52 pm Unfortunately for King that’s where it all went pear shaped, before his contract he was playing some great rugby, once he got his improved deal at Warrington he went into decline.

He’s on loan here next season…I’d be definitely cautious in giving him a permanent deal off the back of that evidence.
From the outside, it seems like he either settled after getting comfortable or let the money get to his head.

But, with Warrington, it's very difficult to evaluate success with the abysmal coaching & culture they have.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

King isn’t a player I’d ever give more than a couple of years at a time to. He has had one superb season in his career and it was the season where he was up for grabs, either for Wire or for another club. We had so many lads who did that here in the past and once their income is secured for a few seasons, the tools go down. The Powell factor can’t be ignored in his decline but that worry would still be there for me. I do think he’ll have a very good season for us next year though because his future is back in the melting pot. It’s what happens after that we’ll need to box clever with.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

wgwr1999 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:29 am
Dreamteam wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:45 am

Nobody gets guaranteed anything. I would assume, if what the bloke is true about it becoming permanent, is that he's likely been told "if you play well, you have a future here" or something along those lines. It's also a rare situation where you'll not only be impressing your club coach on the daily basis but also the international one.
Just correcting myself here -- Toby King is an Irish international apparently so that point about Waney is mute.

Although that didn't stop Micky Mac being chosen for England under Wane. :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Toby King has been selected for Ireland along with Liam Byrne & James McDonnell 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

Is it normal for a signing announcement to take the is long?
I don’t doubt peoples information but I’m starting to get twitchy this isn’t going to happen.