Jake Wardle

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
southportcdm

Re: Jake Wardle

Post by southportcdm »

Still hopeful we've signed Wardle and it could be that Watson is just trying to wind Powell up. For me, the most worrying comment by Watson was that he'd spoken to Jake and told him he expected him back for preseason. Wouldn't Watson know if Wardle had signed for us? With King yet to regain top form, Thornley always injured and Halsall still developing, our centres for next season look a bit thin and no upgrade on what we started this season with. If we lose French on top of this we'd really struggle to match this seasons achievements.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Plenty of time for things to get resolved. Let’s concentrate on this season, some big games to come.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

southportcdm wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:06 pm Still hopeful we've signed Wardle and it could be that Watson is just trying to wind Powell up. For me, the most worrying comment by Watson was that he'd spoken to Jake and told him he expected him back for preseason. Wouldn't Watson know if Wardle had signed for us? With King yet to regain top form, Thornley always injured and Halsall still developing, our centres for next season look a bit thin and no upgrade on what we started this season with. If we lose French on top of this we'd really struggle to match this seasons achievements.
Stop taking things coach’s say at face value, they are told what they can and cant say by those above.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:13 pm
southportcdm wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:06 pm Still hopeful we've signed Wardle and it could be that Watson is just trying to wind Powell up. For me, the most worrying comment by Watson was that he'd spoken to Jake and told him he expected him back for preseason. Wouldn't Watson know if Wardle had signed for us? With King yet to regain top form, Thornley always injured and Halsall still developing, our centres for next season look a bit thin and no upgrade on what we started this season with. If we lose French on top of this we'd really struggle to match this seasons achievements.
Stop taking things coach’s say at face value, they are told what they can and cant say by those above.
he will already know they are signing bibby instead of him if rumours are true
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

How can we not take what Watson and Powell have said seriously Dan?
Why would Watson tell the press that Jake's a quality player and he spoke to him and wants him back at pre season if he's going to announce he's signed with Wigan and they've signed Bibby as a replacement?
And why would Powell say he's had conversations with him if Wardle had signed with Wigan weeks ago?
I think your trying to defend your initial scope of wardle has definitely signed for Wigan
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

Let’s just see how it plays out.

I don’t see how he goes back to Huddersfield given the situation with his relationship.

I still think he is a Wigan player. I was concerned that we had agreed some kind of deal with Wire however that hasn’t happened clearly.

Giants have yet to announce Bibby, they also have been linked with Marsters. Watson really rates Bibby as a player and as a bloke hence why he has gone big on getting him to the club.

Something has to give within their back division I’d think with Cudjoe going around again.

If you look at Wakefield Poching has been saying all along certain players are staying despite now confirming some of those players signed for other clubs in May.

It’s not unusual for coaches to not tell the full story due to an internal narrative that is in the best interest of moral particularly when it comes to the timing of departures and arrivals and season ticket sales.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

It’s all a bit bizarre. If i have understood this correctly Powell didn’t want to have Hudds sign King permanently and Watson has said no to another loan deal for King so he’s killed off the swap arrangement.

So Wigan have King on a season long loan which presumably suits Powell but that means Hudds are a centre down and so want Wardle back.

I can’t see how both King and Wardle end up at Wigan but if they do it would be great and hilarious at the same time as it would no doubt piss Powell off no end.

it’s pretty good as it stands in the pissing Powell off stakes as at the moment he’s not got King nor Wardle. :lol:
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Brennox7 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:24 pm How can we not take what Watson and Powell have said seriously Dan?
Why would Watson tell the press that Jake's a quality player and he spoke to him and wants him back at pre season if he's going to announce he's signed with Wigan and they've signed Bibby as a replacement?
And why would Powell say he's had conversations with him if Wardle had signed with Wigan weeks ago?
I think your trying to defend your initial scope of wardle has definitely signed for Wigan
Because all of that will be club announcements, not something just said in the press. Coach's are told what they can and cant disclose to the media, its really that simple. Watson does not like Wardle and wanted him out the club regardless of who and where it was this year, just turned out Wire were interested and let them have King in return. Huddersfield cant get King & Warrington cant get Wardle, but Watson is playing it as "We couldn't get King so they're not getting Wardle out of principle" when that's really not the case.

Like Jonh said, Wigan had 100% signed said player, if that player is going elsewhere or staying where he is its because Wigan have agreed to terminate the deal.

The narrative that Warrington wouldn't let king leave permanently is absolute rubbish as well.

Powell wanted him gone regardless of how it happened, just no one would cough up the level of wages he is on, so they either loan him out or are stuck with him taking up more of their cap than he would be out on loan.

All will become clear in due time & the truth will come out. But like I & Jonh say a contract was 100% signed with Wigan for a move in 2023 by a player who I've heard nothing more on to suggest the deal has been revoked on by Wigan.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I think we have all.seen if Powell wants a player gone they go regardless of contract length or value it seems,it does seem typically of warri goons slap dash transfer policy why on earth didnt they consult consult Powell in player retentions utter madness..

I've said it before and I'll say it again if,and it's a big if Powell turns it around next season Williams will be next to go to me he doesn't seem to rate him even though Powell says a the right things about him I wonder if one George is brushing up on French lessons as I wouldn't rule a move to catalan out..Still all in my crystal ba all that for now ateast.
irl_warr

Post by irl_warr »

Jonh wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:25 pm Let’s just see how it plays out.

I don’t see how he goes back to Huddersfield given the situation with his relationship.

I still think he is a Wigan player. I was concerned that we had agreed some kind of deal with Wire however that hasn’t happened clearly.

Giants have yet to announce Bibby, they also have been linked with Marsters. Watson really rates Bibby as a player and as a bloke hence why he has gone big on getting him to the club.

Something has to give within their back division I’d think with Cudjoe going around again.

If you look at Wakefield Poching has been saying all along certain players are staying despite now confirming some of those players signed for other clubs in May.

It’s not unusual for coaches to not tell the full story due to an internal narrative that is in the best interest of moral particularly when it comes to the timing of departures and arrivals and season ticket sales.
Was confirmed again to me that he has signed Wigan, they are waiting for the season to finish out before confirming Bibby/Wardle switch, my source is a current Hudds player so I am relatively comfortable sharing. Said player only spoke with him on Monday afternoon so doubt much has changed. Also said Toby is pretty sure loan will turn permanant at Wigan.