Jake Wardle

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jaws1

Re: Jake Wardle

Post by jaws1 »

Huddersfield going to announce the worst kept secret player on Wednesday (Bibby) maybe Wardle be announced hes leaving.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

irl_warr wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:34 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:54 pm The first announcements followed the trend anyway, New club first, current club just after (7mins between Salford & Wigan) Must admit its came a lot sooner than I thought it would in our off season
Monday announcement I’m led to believe Dan. He’s due at Robin Park early doors.
Seem to have mixed up the centres with Toby having his media day today.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I'm looking forward to seeing what the coaching staff can do with King,he has lost his way so let's hope they can sort him out there's a fine player in there I think
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:34 pm I'm looking forward to seeing what the coaching staff can do with King,he has lost his way so let's hope they can sort him out there's a fine player in there I think
The concern is we get him back near his best and then returns to wire next season and they get that great player back. Win win situation for them
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Is Wigan full of pessimists?
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Dreamteam wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:16 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:34 pm I'm looking forward to seeing what the coaching staff can do with King,he has lost his way so let's hope they can sort him out there's a fine player in there I think
The concern is we get him back near his best and then returns to wire next season and they get that great player back. Win win situation for them
Whilst I expect this level of cynicism from our fans, this isn't too accurate. King & Powell do not get on so they would have to sack him regardless of results AND the club gave him a ridiculous contract which they are trying to get rid off hence the acceptance to loan him to two better teams & get NOTHING in return apart from cap space.

Plus, somebody on this forum said that Toby himself expects his loan deal to become permanent at Wigan so it sounds like he's both desperate to be here long-term & backing himself to make it happen.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

King still has 3 years left on his Warrington contract (November 2025), so it will be interesting to see how it pans out.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:40 am King still has 3 years left on his Warrington contract (November 2025), so it will be interesting to see how it pans out.
it feels like a strange situation

if Wigan can get him playing something like, then it will obviously raise his stock again and give Wire a bit of a bargaining chip that they have a player with 2 years left on his contract

Wire clearly dont want him, so will be looking to get rid irrelevant of form by the sounds of it

If he does hit decent form, the question is will Wigan match his current salary, will they pay a transfer fee or do Wire get left with a player who certainly has some ability, but need to keep paying him (subsidised by loan deals for the remainder of his contract)
Firestarter

Bibbys gone

Post by Firestarter »

Whens the wardle announcement?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Re: Bibbys gone

Post by Firestarter »

IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE