Jake Wardle

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Re: Jake Wardle

Post by Dan2266 »

sheepsteeth wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:34 am Is it normal for a signing announcement to take the is long?
I don’t doubt peoples information but I’m starting to get twitchy this isn’t going to happen.
With Wigan it seems to be the norm, Thornley wasn't even announced and they were posting pictures of him training, Its not just Wigan that haven't announced things either this time, there's been plenty of moves completed between other clubs that still haven't been announced either
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

So it's still happening then?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

He signed a contract and I've heard nothing since then, If it doesn't happen then Wigan & Huddersfield have some how agreed to cancel the deal.

Its one of those where I cant say for definite its still happening but I've heard nothing to suggest anything other than he is still a Wigan player for 2023.

Jonh may be the one to ask as he seems to know all about it as well.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

It’s no fluke that he was picked as one of the 3 players to help out training at robin park with England along with Powell and smith. No idea when it will be, as always with signings in pre season they’ll want to announce them quickly to help out season ticket sales etc
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Maybe clutching at straws but possible they want to wait till after RLWC?
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I'm now hoping that they're waiting until his season has finished i.e. after Friday's game. Glad to see that those who were most confident of his signing are still hopeful. I can't see any reason why, if he's signed for us, we'd change our mind at this stage.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Wigan I’ve always been this way, leaving the announcement way too long(even though everyone seems to have an idea) and they wonder why there’s not a load of excitement from the fan base.
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

Barney841 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:34 pm Wigan I’ve always been this way, leaving the announcement way too long(even though everyone seems to have an idea) and they wonder why there’s not a load of excitement from the fan base.
Firstly it’s not up to Wigan to announce as he is a contracted player to another club. So as and when he moves it will be Huddersfield that give the ok for the move to be announced.

Secondly not s load of excitement?! A team playing a fantastic brand of attacking rugby including 2 human highlights in French and Field and there isn’t a load of excitement?!

Any supporter that isn’t excited and enjoying being a Wigan fan at the moment and isn’t looking forward to next year isn’t a fan of rugby league.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Jonh wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:14 pm
Barney841 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:34 pm Wigan I’ve always been this way, leaving the announcement way too long(even though everyone seems to have an idea) and they wonder why there’s not a load of excitement from the fan base.
Firstly it’s not up to Wigan to announce as he is a contracted player to another club. So as and when he moves it will be Huddersfield that give the ok for the move to be announced.

Secondly not s load of excitement?! A team playing a fantastic brand of attacking rugby including 2 human highlights in French and Field and there isn’t a load of excitement?!

Any supporter that isn’t excited and enjoying being a Wigan fan at the moment and isn’t looking forward to next year isn’t a fan of rugby league.
I mean there’s no surprise with the signing that comes in. As the words been going round for quite a while now.
And yes it’s more enjoyable than it has been the last few years watching them but there’s still a lot of work to do
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Jonh wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:14 pm

When would his contract expire? Nov 1st? Or is he being released early, I can't remember.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐