Jake Wardle

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
irl_warr

Re: Jake Wardle

Post by irl_warr »

Spoke with a good friend, who is a current Huddersfield (ex-saints) player yesterday evening. He knows both Jake and Joe very, very well and is absolutely positive the Wigan deal is done.

My only concern is no-one at all saw the King deal coming for next year, and it seems a little knee-jerk. Might indicate the contract wasn't signed and Warrington are open to offering him a larger salary.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

irl_warr wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:18 am Spoke with a good friend, who is a current Huddersfield (ex-saints) player yesterday evening. He knows both Jake and Joe very, very well and is absolutely positive the Wigan deal is done.

My only concern is no-one at all saw the King deal coming for next year, and it seems a little knee-jerk. Might indicate the contract wasn't signed and Warrington are open to offering him a larger salary.
I think this is what’s thrown everyone,the king deal that seemed to have come from nowhere..good player is Wardle so I can see why Warrington and Wigan would want him.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

I've said it before but Wigan absolutely needed two centres, although I didn't think King would be one.

2022 centres -- Hardaker, Bibby, Thornley & Halsall
2023 centres -- Wardle, King, Thornley & Halsall

Obviously, KPP is a capable centre but I think he will mainly be used off the bench in the pack next year if his destain for playing in the backs is true.
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

irl_warr wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:18 am Spoke with a good friend, who is a current Huddersfield (ex-saints) player yesterday evening. He knows both Jake and Joe very, very well and is absolutely positive the Wigan deal is done.

This is my concern too. I’m sure it was done and I’ve posted my sources on the other forum.

The King deal and ongoing French situation does however make me wonder if something has been agreed in the background.

Time will tell.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Jonh wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:09 pm

This is my concern too. I’m sure it was done and I’ve posted my sources on the other forum.

The King deal and ongoing French situation does however make me wonder if something has been agreed in the background.

Time will tell.
I don't think we sign King on loan if we haven't got Wardle. I think we try for a permanent if not.
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... n-24885043

Looks like Wardle is going back to Huddersfield next season. Looks to have been a big of tug of war between him and king.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Brennox7 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:56 am https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... n-24885043

Looks like Wardle is going back to Huddersfield next season. Looks to have been a big of tug of war between him and king.
“Jake is not staying at Warrington next year, he will be a Huddersfield player unless something else happens on the back of that.
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

Yeah I get that mate, but I doubt that means he's signed for Wigan as many have claimed. I know they've signed Naiqama but if they lost out on King and Leutele is going I doubt they will let Wardle go now
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Brennox7 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:12 am Yeah I get that mate, but I doubt that means he's signed for Wigan as many have claimed. I know they've signed Naiqama but if they lost out on King and Leutele is going I doubt they will let Wardle go now
They've literally signed Bibby...
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

I think the one thing it does mean is he's not going to stay at Wire😄

Powell being his usual diplomatic self - not surprised lots of players seem to not see eye to eye with him...