Jake Wardle

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Re: Jake Wardle

Post by Dan2266 »

wgwr1999 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:40 am
Dan2266 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:58 am I posted the Whare link as I was concerned maybe something had happened after all with the player who had already signed a contract for 2023... but was swiftly assured by another user that is not the case.....

Seems like a nonsense link but as id not heard anything to suggest we needed a centre I was slightly worried the one we had signed may not end up going ahead, that is all.
Could be agent talk to ramp up interest in the upcoming free agent?
Could very well be, it is after all an article that quotes a french publication
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:58 am I posted the Whare link as I was concerned maybe something had happened after all with the player who had already signed a contract for 2023... but was swiftly assured by another user that is not the case.....

Seems like a nonsense link but as id not heard anything to suggest we needed a centre I was slightly worried the one we had signed may not end up going ahead, that is all.
Thanks Dan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I expected wardle to be announced this week….. also bibby and partington which is odd…… any updates dan?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:23 am I expected wardle to be announced this week….. also bibby and partington which is odd…… any updates dan?
I don't have anything new on it pal, all deals are 100% done though. Usually all deals are announced by players new clubs or simultaneously with their current clubs on occasions, but it will be the new clubs who pick when that is.

Huddersfield may chose to announce Bibby & Wardle very close together however, taking that out of Wigan's control.

I'm not under as strict rules as I was a few weeks ago on this deal, but I still cant disclose certain parts of it. He will be a Wigan player and he is the "other signing" I mentioned as far back as when we got Cooper... that's all I can say.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:14 am
Firestarter wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:23 am I expected wardle to be announced this week….. also bibby and partington which is odd…… any updates dan?
I don't have anything new on it pal, all deals are 100% done though. Usually all deals are announced by players new clubs or simultaneously with their current clubs on occasions, but it will be the new clubs who pick when that is.

Huddersfield may chose to announce Bibby & Wardle very close together however, taking that out of Wigan's control.

I'm not under as strict rules as I was a few weeks ago on this deal, but I still cant disclose certain parts of it. He will be a Wigan player and he is the "other signing" I mentioned as far back as when we got Cooper... that's all I can say.
That's all you need to say. Now we just wait for Huddersfield.

Well done & thank you to Dan, Jon & whomever contributed to the rumour.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wgwr1999 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:25 am

+1
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:52 am
wgwr1999 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:25 am

+1
Cheers dan and others
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

The first announcements followed the trend anyway, New club first, current club just after (7mins between Salford & Wigan) Must admit its came a lot sooner than I thought it would in our off season
irl_warr

Post by irl_warr »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:54 pm The first announcements followed the trend anyway, New club first, current club just after (7mins between Salford & Wigan) Must admit its came a lot sooner than I thought it would in our off season
Monday announcement I’m led to believe Dan. He’s due at Robin Park early doors.
StanleyJean1

Post by StanleyJean1 »

irl_warr wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:34 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:54 pm The first announcements followed the trend anyway, New club first, current club just after (7mins between Salford & Wigan) Must admit its came a lot sooner than I thought it would in our off season
Monday announcement I’m led to believe Dan. He’s due at Robin Park early doors.
Is this the end of our incomings for 2023 or do we expect to do any more business?

I’d imagine with French’s new contract that won’t leave much room on the cap, although on paper 2023’s squad looks better than 2022!

Exciting times