Jake Wardle

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Brennox7

Jake Wardle

Post by Brennox7 »

Just read that Daryl Powell and Wire are having ongoing talks with Jake Wardle. I'm assuming from that, that he's not signed on the dotted line at Wigan.

https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/sp ... igan-move/
Dan2266

Re: Jake Wardle

Post by Dan2266 »

Brennox7 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:22 pm Just read that Daryl Powell and Wire are having ongoing talks with Jake Wardle. I'm assuming from that, that he's not signed on the dotted line at Wigan.

https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/sp ... igan-move/
don't read too much into things coaches say, he isn't going to say he doesn't want to keep him, and he also isn't going to say he cant sign him which would all but confirm his future, take things coaches say to the wider press with a pinch of salt.
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

I usually do mate, but if he would have signed at Wigan Powell surely wouldn't be saying they are talking to him also as Wigan boardroom wouldn't be impressed. Not that wire are bothered to annoy Wigan.

Powell would have egg on his face if he's convincing his fans that there is a possibility of signing wardle and then he chooses Wigan instead?
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Brennox7 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:53 pm I usually do mate, but if he would have signed at Wigan Powell surely wouldn't be saying they are talking to him also as Wigan boardroom wouldn't be impressed. Not that wire are bothered to annoy Wigan.

Powell would have egg on his face if he's convincing his fans that there is a possibility of signing wardle and then he chooses Wigan instead?
Whilst I agree that it's weird from Powell to say this, he could very much be saying this so that he & the club can say to the fans: "Look, we tried to sign him!"
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

Yeah I get what your both saying. I'm hoping it's nothing as if wardle signed for wire and French leaves, were left with a 1 year loan deal across our back line.
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

With Wigan anything is possible could be wardle changed his mind and Wigan have released him even if they had signed him. That’s why we’ve signed King. Just think if we have signed him Wigan should announce it. The longer it goes on like Bevan the less chance of them playing for us next season.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Looking on as an innocent bystander, and drawing the most obvious conclusion, I'd hazard a guess that Warrington are talking to Wardle and that it's therefore extremely unlikely that Wigan have signed him.

Then again, I have no inside information, and haven't even spoken to a bloke at the bar about it.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

My gut feeling and a chat I had I don't think we are going to sign him.

Maybe if we did chat to him we could let him know we sometimes win things here?

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

morley pie eater wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:48 pm Looking on as an innocent bystander, and drawing the most obvious conclusion, I'd hazard a guess that Warrington are talking to Wardle and that it's therefore extremely unlikely that Wigan have signed him.

Then again, I have no inside information, and haven't even spoken to a bloke at the bar about it.
I'd agree with you Morley
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Centre options don’t concern me as much as winger options now. Halsall king Thornley kpp. Not bad. Wing - Marshall Miski hanley. - that scares me