Morgan Smithies

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
morley pie eater

Re: Morgan Smithies

Post by morley pie eater »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:54 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:29 pm And an added bonus is he is the one Saints fans now hate.
Added bonus
Worth 10% extra on his contract :lol:
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Gaznier wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:24 pm Good

The lad is huge for us.. modern day cassidy . Does the work that doesn't get noticed but is when it's not being done.
Lots adulation on here but he is another one of Wigans too small forwards as evidenced by the fact I don't think he has scored a tryvthis season?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

ian.birchall wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:23 pm

The lad is huge for us.. modern day cassidy . Does the work that doesn't get noticed but is when it's not being done.
Lots adulation on here but he is another one of Wigans too small forwards as evidenced by the fact I don't think he has scored a tryvthis season?
No tries this year so must not be big enough? Most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard.

29 tackles & 96m from 10 carries giving an average gain of 9.6m last night suggests otherwise.

I honestly cannot believe you’re saying the above and can only assume you haven’t consistently watched us this season as it’s rather unanimous how much he has improved and how good he has been.

His tackling is immense, he’s cut the errors and penalties and he’s starting to make more carries & meters.

Absolutely room for improvement in attack but we shouldn’t forget he’s playing 13 and running into a set defence all game rather than getting more space to hit a gap outwide like second rowers sometimes do.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:39 pm

No tries this year so must not be big enough? Most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard.

29 tackles & 96m from 10 carries giving an average gain of 9.6m last night suggests otherwise.

I honestly cannot believe you’re saying the above and can only assume you haven’t consistently watched us this season as it’s rather unanimous how much he has improved and how good he has been.

His tackling is immense, he’s cut the errors and penalties and he’s starting to make more carries & meters.

Absolutely room for improvement in attack but we shouldn’t forget he’s playing 13 and running into a set defence all game rather than getting more space to hit a gap outwide like second rowers sometimes do.
And he is only 21.
pedro

Post by pedro »

The lad is huge for us.. modern day Cassidy . Does the work that doesn't get noticed but is when it's not being done.
Lots adulation on here but he is another one of Wigans too small forwards as evidenced by the fact I don't think he has scored a try this season?
what?

I have edited your post, please stop being abusive to other members because you don't agree with their opinion, Thank you
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Smithies is bigger than Farrell or Bateman were at that age.
Charriots Offiah

6' 1" and over 100kg doesn't seem too shabby, at his age, to me!
Charriots Offiah

I forgot to add, he is bigger than Morgan Knowles and five years younger.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

No straw damn us wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:48 am Smithies is bigger than Farrell or Bateman were at that age.
Think he’s as big if not bigger now 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

You think he's too small?
At six one and over 100 kg, yep I'd have to agree!🤣👍
He's a big player for us, ask them that watch every week?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield