Morgan Smithies

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Morgan Smithies

Post by Dan2266 »

In talks over a new contract. No info on how long although Id assume it will be two years with a club option of a third, his last one was four years signed in 2019 with no option attached. Currently out of contract at the end of next season.
josie andrews

Re: Morgan Smithies

Post by josie andrews »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:22 pm In talks over a new contract. No info on how long although Id assume it will be two years with a club option of a third, his last one was four years signed in 2019 with no option attached. Currently out of contract at the end of next season.
Great tie him down 😊 & give him the loose forward position.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

You tend to forget he's only 21!! Slotted in over the last couple of years and is now one of the first names on the team sheet for me. Always gives you at least a 7 out of 10. Get him tied down for 5 years at least!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

For me he went backwards under Lam but then again what player didn't he's come back I think a more rounded player and then you realise he's still only 21..so he was entitled to a run of poor form it was how he dealt with it shows the mark of a very good player.

Let's hope he stays for a while longer
mickali1

Post by mickali1 »

Developing into a world class player imo. I would offer him a 5 year minimum contract.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:59 am You tend to forget he's only 21!! Slotted in over the last couple of years and is now one of the first names on the team sheet for me. Always gives you at least a 7 out of 10. Get him tied down for 5 years at least!
Amazing player and progress considering his age.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

And an added bonus is he is the one Saints fans now hate.
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Really kicked on and improved massively recently. I really rate him, get him tied down long term.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:29 pm And an added bonus is he is the one Saints fans now hate.
Added bonus
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Gaznier

Post by Gaznier »

Good

The lad is huge for us.. modern day cassidy . Does the work that doesn't get noticed but is when it's not being done.