Potential Outs

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Firestarter

Re: Potential Outs

Post by Firestarter »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:29 am
Firestarter wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:09 am
w.thomas wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:42 am I’d be surprised if Isa, thornley and mago aren't still here next season.
Ide add ellis to that lot…… hes been average at best and ide rather keep oli partington than him
Oli has gone mate. The four props that the coaching team are relying on are Singleton, Byrne, Cooper and Havard which means two non-federation players are taking a back seat, I don’t think that was what anyone envisaged even the coaching staff.
pity that as i still think oli will fill out and improve
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kate83 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:53 am Interesting that Isa is the face of the 2023 season-ticket launch if there’s a possibility of him leaving ?

Suppose we have to see what happens with French before we start letting Miski go anywhere - I’d keep hold of him anyway, we need squad depth across all positions.
Well the season ticket pack I received has Jai Field on the front & Liam Marshall on the back 🤔
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:39 am

Ide add ellis to that lot…… hes been average at best and ide rather keep oli partington than him
Oli has gone mate. The four props that the coaching team are relying on are Singleton, Byrne, Cooper and Havard which means two non-federation players are taking a back seat, I don’t think that was what anyone envisaged even the coaching staff.
I’m going to miss Ollie Partington too, he is still a young developing prop. Think we will miss him.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

It's always interesting to think about possible squad changes at this time of year and I can't help thinking that we do need some movement if we want to continue to improve next season. I think that Marquee players and those taking a quota spot should be expected to be 'above average' and therefore at greater risk than a non-quota player playing to the same level. I'm assuming that we can 'encourage' players to leave if we don't want them irrespective of contract issues because if we can't then Bateman, Ellis, Mago and Miski are all staying.

As much as I''ve been an admirer of Bateman, nobody can say that he's been 'value for money' these past two seasons. It would be unfair to expect even your Marquee players to be MOM every week but surely, he has to be in the top three nearly every game. He's been much better this season than last but I'd still put him behind Field, French, Faz and Smith.

There must also be questions about all three named quota players:

1) Will Mago and Ellis improve in their second year over here? They were both seasoned players before we signed them

2) We all want Mago to be fitter but is he capable of putting in the work/commitment?

3) Why has there been an apparent dip in Ellis' form, can he play longer minutes?

4) Despite his qualities, is Miski just too slow to make an above average SL winger? Should we use a quota spot on a winger that isn't in the starting 17?
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Dan2266 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:25 am Wakefield are interested in Isa & Halsall. Isa could very well be possible for them, I doubt (personal opinion) we let Halsall leave.

Toulouse are interested in Miski to replace Russell if he triggers his relegation release clause

My understanding is Isa, Thornley & Mago are the most likely of the first team to be joining Bibby & Partington in departing.
Isa was giving out gifts last night my understanding is hes going widnes. Funnily enough bevan was giving out gifts too.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Fill out, he’s 24. Any muscle he was going to gain he would have done by this age, especially after so many years as a professional rugby player.

His issue is his height and clear lack of genetics to have a lot of lean muscle mass.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Getting rid of deadwood is the next step. Put the kids in until you can land the big fish like Thompson.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:03 am Getting rid of deadwood is the next step. Put the kids in until you can land the big fish like Thompson.
As good a player as Thompson im sorry with his issues with concussion I wouldn’t touch him to be frank.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:57 am
wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:03 am Getting rid of deadwood is the next step. Put the kids in until you can land the big fish like Thompson.
As good a player as Thompson im sorry with his issues with concussion I wouldn’t touch him to be frank.
LIKE Thompson. Proven internationals in or before their prime.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:12 pm

Fill out, he’s 24. Any muscle he was going to gain he would have done by this age, especially after so many years as a professional rugby player.

His issue is his height and clear lack of genetics to have a lot of lean muscle mass.
I’m definitely missing something with partington. Seems to be highly rated by many. Still yet to find out what his strengths are